Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where are the old ppsspp dev builds
03-21-2014, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 04:26 AM by Bigpet.)
RE: Where are the old ppsspp dev builds
Never be detered to ask questions that was not my issue with you, it's just that some things were explained 3 times to you and you still didn't believe what you were told, which isn't necessarily bad but you also didn't actually research hard facts to counter the explanations we gave you, you just based your knowledge on a hunch.

As for why softgpu doesn't utilize both cores, there's a certain overhead attached to running 2 threads from the same process on different cores. This is especially true if both threads write and read to the same data. For a mobile CPUs especially it makes sense to use certain heuristics to determine whether it is wise to run 2 threads from the same process on different cores. I would imagine for example that the fact softgpu threads write to adjacent memory and are very short lived or wait a lot (haven't looked at the thread pool it uses) may not meet the threshold for running on 2 cores. I will honestly admit that I don't know enough about the specific way your specific android version handles threads on your specific processor to make definitive statements but you didn't give me much reason to doubt my assumptions. (I mean just look at the technical documentation, there's all kinds of stuff there, cores can run in a coherent mode or not, they can run in bytecode mode or not and switching between each of those entails overhead and you're free to look into this more but I'm guessing that you would just waste your time)

But feel free to test older versions, you could very well encounter a version that works better for you but be aware that the sync points we have now are there for a reason (mostly because games or the emulator crashed without them or had bugs). Happy hunting.

And yeah, spam in the forum has been rising to ridiculous levels recently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where are the old ppsspp dev builds - Bigpet - 03-21-2014 04:00 AM