Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
01-04-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Fully playable on Samsung Galaxy S2.40 hours of gameplay so far Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM
(11-24-2013 02:25 PM)orangeapple Wrote:  hello, any of you experiencing the screen going black when changing scenes? a quick tap to settings then resuming the game turns back to normal but it is quite annoying to do it since dialog scenes usually change every time lol

On my iphone5 and ipad mini ios7, the issue is the same.
Every scenes the screen goes blank (but sounds goes on).
To let the video reappar i need to tap settings, doing nothing, and go back to the game.
But its really quite annoying.
With last version of ppsspp and ios6 i didnt have that problem.
Did you happen to solve it?
Any peculiar settings to move?

Thanks
01-05-2014, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 04:09 AM by seyren windstorm.)
this didn't played quite good at LG Optimus L1 II e410, sometimes audio stutter and completely fail with battle mode speed drop to 20%-30%..

and frameskip make it very bad too...

do anyone play this on low-end smartphone too?

[Image: feppBQU.jpg]
01-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Just beat the game. Played through the whole thing (127 hours) with zero issues on my laptop. It ran flawlessly from beginning to end. God bless PPSSPP =D
01-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Game works almost perfectly (30 fps most times). Most of my settings are the default ones (Buffered, Rendering 1x PSP, Frameskip off, Hardware transform on(Samsung S3 Mini).
At videos the sound becomes "choppy" and sometimes when 'special' effects are being used mostly in battles (like when you called your Persona for the first time) the fps drops to 15/20. Is there any way to fix it?
01-09-2014, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 08:59 AM by johnkelly.)
I do have some issues with Persona 3 on my Android. Cutscenes run nicely, but combat and movement is sluggish and laggy; the program even hangs up totally. Settings are on default, and I'm using an unrooted quad-core 1.2 Ghz MTK6589M smartphone with PowerVR SGX544MP GPU clocked at 156 Mhz, FWVGA resolution, and 512 RAM. I'd appreciate some help. Or an update. Thank you.
01-10-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm going through my first play through in P3P and so far it was great until I get to 11/9 where Ryoji first appears. The screen is just blank here but the sound and everything else is working. I'm not sure what the problem is and I don't really know how to fix this. Help please? Thank you.

I'm using V 0.9.6

Windows 7
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System type: 63 bit OS
01-10-2014, 11:04 PM
(01-10-2014 04:12 PM)Xieyen Wrote:  I'm going through my first play through in P3P and so far it was great until I get to 11/9 where Ryoji first appears. The screen is just blank here but the sound and everything else is working. I'm not sure what the problem is and I don't really know how to fix this. Help please? Thank you.

I'm using V 0.9.6

Windows 7
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System type: 63 bit OS

Try the latest build from http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ . V.9.6 is a month old.
01-15-2014, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 05:35 AM by [Unknown].)
So, just to clarify, is this game fully playable with hardware transform on (e.g. with default settings)? Or does it still sometimes crash?

I mean with the latest git build:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

I'd like to close this issue if it's not happening anymore:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2385

-[Unknown]
01-29-2014, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 03:34 AM by nc50lc.)
(01-15-2014 05:34 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  So, just to clarify, is this game fully playable with hardware transform on (e.g. with default settings)? Or does it still sometimes crash?

I mean with the latest git build:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

I'd like to close this issue if it's not happening anymore:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2385

-[Unknown]

Hmm, I actually finished this game up to" 3rd timeloop" with just minor problems like lag videos, frequent black screens, 1st time persona summon lag; but I did' not experienced crash on a certain point of the game, just random crashes but, I can get pass to it after restart (emulator)

I already deleted this game on my phone so I can't answer about the latest build.
Played at version 0.8.xx-0.9.5
Using Android, Hardware transform on.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
02-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Hello, I am playing on a Android Nexus 7 (2013), and no matter what settings I chose, since the builds of PPSSPP from mid January, the game goes from full framerate, to 5-8 FPS at 1/5 speed (even with frameskip) at the clock animation before the dark hour. Every time. This is my 2nd playthrough and the first game worked great (would randomly crash in taurtarus after savestates), but that isn't the biggest issue, just an annoyance.
02-07-2014, 11:58 AM
It seems like the latest build have problem with savestates

I am playing Monster Hunter 3rd (just for comparison)
Sometimes (about 3/10 coincidence), after Savestate, the game crashes.
Luckily, it was a successful save every time it crashes. Seems like it crashed after saving.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone! Can someone tell me which are the best settings for the game please?

I'm using a Nokia 701.

Device: Nokia 701
System OS: Symbian Belle FP2
Version(Emulator): v0.9.6-789-g3d3b0b1
02-09-2014, 01:55 PM
(02-07-2014 11:58 AM)nc50lc Wrote:  It seems like the latest build have problem with savestates

I am playing Monster Hunter 3rd (just for comparison)
Sometimes (about 3/10 coincidence), after Savestate, the game crashes.
Luckily, it was a successful save every time it crashes. Seems like it crashed after saving.

Dunno why this game would have issues, but Monster Hunter is a bad comparison to make because those games periodically check your save data. Any inconsistency caused by loading save states will mess up your game easily. It's a perfect example of why save states were never meant for those kind of games.

Video chipset: AMD Radeon HD 8400
Processor: AMD A6 5200 2.0Ghz quad core.
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
This is the first game I try out with PPSSPP (I'm on Android) so I don't know if it's an issue with my device or this game only.

Everything runs smoothly, actually I'm quite impressed just how good this runs on my tablet, but sometimes when I hit a save point and I try to save the program crashes. It doesn't happen at all save points, just specific ones (as I retried the same path and it crashed at the same one, tried a 3rd time by skipping that save point and using the next save point and it worked).

Everything else works perfectly, but saving is kind of crucial.

I'm using the latest version from the play store. The PPSSPP program is run from my internal storage and the game ISO is on the SDcard2. I was wondering if this could be the issue, or if it's something from my settings somewhere. I skimmed through the thread but it doesn't seem to be an issue that was mentioned.