Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
(08-27-2013 01:00 PM)curraja Wrote:  Personally i got settings as they are while installed with new build so default just using frame skip and sometimes buffer rendering on and it works okay Wink just be sure you have at least 1ghz procesor and 1gb of ram and should be ok Smile

ran well with version previous but the flickering is intensely bad on 9.1 had the defaults on with ht and buffered render I've downgraded to 8.1-1600 which is playable but has some funny artifacts.

[b]today, tomorrow, together[/b]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Buffered rendering looks terrible for some reason compared to non-buffered rendering, not really sure the difference.

Also, auto frame skip doesn't appear to work very well.
08-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Buffered rendering is showing all of the special effects that non-buffered rendering don't show.

If you play with non-buffered rendering for a while and then switch to buffered rendering,you'll think it looks bad but that's actually how the game really look.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Well I'll take the huge increase in graphics quality of non-buffered rendering over the few effects that don't work right any day.
08-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Ok but you won't be able to use things like AA or Texture Scaling in non-buffered rendering mode on any game.

Personally,I don't see any graphical improvements when I use any of the graphical enhancements on any game(just barely with AA enabled but that option is huge speed killer).

From Texture Scaling I don't see any change at all(graphically)...only the ram usage get higher.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Yeah well performance wise I wouldn't really be able to enable any of those things, unless they cause no slowdown.
08-28-2013, 01:40 AM
(08-27-2013 11:25 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  Ok but you won't be able to use things like AA or Texture Scaling in non-buffered rendering mode on any game.

Personally,I don't see any graphical improvements when I use any of the graphical enhancements on any game(just barely with AA enabled but that option is huge speed killer).

From Texture Scaling I don't see any change at all(graphically)...only the ram usage get higher.

Texture scaling is mainly useful for fixing black lines in the menu's of 2D games like the Disgaea series that has barely noticeable lines and Class of Heroes 1 and 2 that has rather obvious lines running through the every menu. As such having texture scaling set to at least 2x not only makes those game look much better (especially in the case of Class of Heroes 1&2) sense they are 2D game any hit to performance is usually very miner and easily fixable by setting frame skipping to auto.
08-28-2013, 06:31 AM
The result of texture scaling, apart from the occasional fixed line, is mostly just noticable at high resolution on large screens. If I play full screen on my 30" screen, it makes a real difference in sharpness, especially of menus and HUDs and stuff. We could probably remove the option entirely if your screen is smaller than 5" and few people would notice...
09-04-2013, 06:43 AM
P3P Problem
hi, im new here so i dont really know if im on the right part of the thread or not.
anyways, i've been getting this problem on Persona 3 Portable (PPSSPP Android), when in "Evening 7 April", after meeting with Junpei, the 'loading doesnt load', it just keeps on loading.

how do i fix it? thank you in advance

*sorry for my bad english*
09-04-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: P3P Problem
maybe your answer lies here

good luck

my english is poor , sorry
09-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Merged. Smile

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
09-05-2013, 01:59 AM
I know how to fix the problems everyones having.

Flickering and misaligned intro video: turn off multi-threaded rendering
Bad Image Quality in Bufferred Rendering: exit fullscreen, then go back in.
09-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Not sure if anyone reported this yet (too lazy to read 22 pages), but transfered clear data freezes the game when loading.

Am using latest build from download page.
09-12-2013, 01:42 PM
the game crashed in 4/23 after talking to junpei using female character T^T
09-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Either it's just me, or the game seems to keep getting slower. Tartarus runs at about half speed while moving, and the battles are quite slow as well.

It's playable, but barely, in Tartarus. Outside of Tartarus it runs full speed.