Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
06-13-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
game still runs perfect for me, but I am still getting the black boxes where the enemies health bar should be when I target them. its been that way ever since this game first became playable several revisions ago. I'm using 7.6-1321 now. anyone know of a way to fix the black square issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
(06-13-2013 06:05 AM)chrisDLCTS Wrote:  game still runs perfect for me, but I am still getting the black boxes where the enemies health bar should be when I target them. its been that way ever since this game first became playable several revisions ago. I'm using 7.6-1321 now. anyone know of a way to fix the black square issue?

Me too. Guess we should wait for the devs to fix it.

"Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero you need to have dreams... and honor."
—Angeal Hewley
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
You should report the issue. The developer mightn't know this. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues?state=open
06-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Turn off buffered rendering or hw (Can't remember).
06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
(06-13-2013 01:19 PM)xemnas Wrote:  You should report the issue. The developer mightn't know this. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues?state=open

The issue was opened two months ago.
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/1377

"Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero you need to have dreams... and honor."
—Angeal Hewley
06-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Will the game run faster if I use the Data Install option?
06-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Data install is to shorten the loading time rather than raising emulation speed. Mine is off and the game plays nicely. I only would recommend it on games like Persona 2, which for some reason take an awfully long time to load.
06-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks. Now the loading time is fine.
06-17-2013, 04:25 AM
(06-12-2013 07:29 PM)GabrieliosP Wrote:  Some people report crashes, but I've already beaten the game and NEVER experienced one.

yeah,, me too.. but when i played to long (at least 1-2 hours) at battle with monster it down at 17-24 vps and when the last battle with final boss, the graphic just slow down at 7-10 vps.. i dont know why though..
i used android tablet..
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Dunno why it slowed down after two hours of playing. Maybe because the battery was running out and your tablet was saving energy by reducing activity?

The final boss battle is "heavier" on your video hardware because of the background effects and the sheer size of the final boss. Either way, if you're experiencing slowdowns during battle, I recommend using Frame Skipping. It does wonders.
06-17-2013, 03:54 PM
(06-17-2013 01:45 PM)GabrieliosP Wrote:  Dunno why it slowed down after two hours of playing. Maybe because the battery was running out and your tablet was saving energy by reducing activity?

The final boss battle is "heavier" on your video hardware because of the background effects and the sheer size of the final boss. Either way, if you're experiencing slowdowns during battle, I recommend using Frame Skipping. It does wonders.

maybe.. yeah, after i pluged in a recharge cable while i still playing, it slowdown a bit. but after a few second it back to original state (50-60 vps)..
frame skiping and fast memory always on when i'm playing.. or is it because fast memory option that the vps sometimes up and down (unstable)?
well, its okay though.. as long as it playable, im satisfied by it .. oh yeah for information, after i installed the new version, now we can watch the intro video at the begining of the game (old version only show black screen).. nicely done..
(sorry if my english bad Big Grin)
06-21-2013, 05:37 AM
oh it this plays at 60fps constantly on the nexus 7(android), there a few drops in fps but it never goes lower that 55fps. But if you turn off buffered render it slows down big time. In any case big improvement from 3 weeks ago when it was struggling to maintain 40fps

[b]today, tomorrow, together[/b]
06-23-2013, 01:32 PM
The latest build (1566) has fixed the enemy status issue (remember to turn off buffered rendering).

—Angeal Hewley
06-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Hrm... I seem to get nothing but black screen on the latest versions...

But I look around and see people mentioning doing various things with the settings. Can someone give me a quick run down on what needs to be done to get it to run?
06-23-2013, 09:35 PM
For the just released 0.8: nothing, it should work normally.

Previous versions: turn on buffered rendering and use media engine (have to be turned on before the game is loaded), then press X at black screen and you'll be taken to the main menu. Afterwards, deactivate BR and UME for extra speed.