Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
04-23-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
AtheSage try to clear ppsspp data & try again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2013, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 08:22 PM by hsark.)
my game drops to 20-40fps during fight scenes and then runs at 60fps+ during normal game play audio is smooth only drops when fps drops of course

running it on andriod nexus 7 on 7.6
I do now have a problem of starting the game it crashed but i'm loading a state i saved on 7.5 so i can avoid the intro
my settings

on
hardware transform
stream vbo
linear filtering
mipmapping
buffered render

actually fight scenes are now at 49 - 56fps
04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Do u get that fps with or without frameskip?
04-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Hey guys!
I haven't seen this problem reported before on the thread, so:
On android, I get the blue card spinning (right when the game is loaded), and then a black screen (no atlus logo, criware, etc.). Then I can hear the menu music and the keys pressed, but still a black screen. I can then create a new game (using the PC version as a reference, this one works great), but during the videos I've only sound (during the dialogs, the game is running well).

I tried using the latest release in the market (0.7.6), the latest release on git (v0.7.6-144-gdae8412) and also some previous ones (0.7.5).
I also tried with different settings to no avail. Does anyone else had similar problem and/or knows a possible solution?

Btw, it's a Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.2

Thank you in advance.
04-25-2013, 12:53 AM
try to clear ppsspp data & try again
04-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Just messed around with my settings and got that problem. Seems if you start up the game with 2x Rendering Resolution on it causes said black screen, just turn it off and it should work fine.

Also using Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.2
04-25-2013, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 02:02 AM by shlypse.)
I cleared ppsspp data but the problem remained. I also installed it on a Nexus S, and the problem is exactly the same.
I also tried with another version of the game (although this one ran perfectly on windows), and still the same problem.

The Nexus S is also running Android 4.2.2., and both the Nexus S and the 7 are rooted, running a custom ROM and kernel (not the same ROM and kernel though).
It's the only common factor I found between the two.

Edit 1: @FROzen Strangely enough, it shows when I change the 2X during the game (either turning it off or on). Strange, and for some reason I have to change this for every movie sequence (whenever it changes a movie scene) but it kind of works. Thank you Smile

Edit 2: Ok, so if I disable buffered rendering it works. Just in case someone stumble on the same thing Smile

Edit 3(uff, made a lot of these): Without buffered rendering the emulator crashes after the Criware logo (not response from the game, keys or menu key, and the debug statistics freeze)
04-25-2013, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 02:30 AM by FROzen.)
NP =D

That's the problem I have. The game is trying to load up the opening movie but can't for some odd reason so you have to try and skip it. Mash the "start" and "X" button, works for me.
04-25-2013, 05:00 AM
(04-24-2013 08:42 PM)vontman Wrote:  Do u get that fps with or without frameskip?

without frameskip cause with it on the screen flickers making the game unplayable ,it jumps between those numbers so its quite rough

ps:just like forzen i also turned on the 2x buff too to get passed the intro section then turned it off .
04-25-2013, 08:54 AM
When I'm in combat and choosing enemies to attack, the icon's a black square. I'm unable to see enemy's health. Any ideas, guys? Thanks.
04-26-2013, 08:10 AM
(04-25-2013 05:00 AM)hsark Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 08:42 PM)vontman Wrote:  Do u get that fps with or without frameskip?

without frameskip cause with it on the screen flickers making the game unplayable ,it jumps between those numbers so its quite rough

ps:just like forzen i also turned on the 2x buff too to get passed the intro section then turned it off .

I am always running the game with buffered render + frameskip, and the game is smooth and now running at 60 without any flickering, but i have some issues, like the one at the intro, when i go in a shop i need to disable buffered render and re-enable it, with buffered render in battle there is alot missing like the party hp, text and the names of the shadows.
by the way in the last build the hardware transform hangups are fixed which is pretty awesome , it made me run the game at 60 on my tab.
04-29-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm still having trouble with getting past the criware logo, is there a fix for this yet? I've tried mashing X and start but it doesn't work.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any games, the settings I use to get them to work, just to chat, or... well anything really haha. If I help maybe give me +1 Rep?
04-29-2013, 10:39 PM
(04-29-2013 09:24 PM)Dr. Woodenstein Wrote:  I'm still having trouble with getting past the criware logo, is there a fix for this yet? I've tried mashing X and start but it doesn't work.
Enable Buffered Rendering and press O after the logo. Feel free to disable buffered rendering for speed after that.
04-29-2013, 10:57 PM
(04-29-2013 10:39 PM)Ryan86me Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 09:24 PM)Dr. Woodenstein Wrote:  I'm still having trouble with getting past the criware logo, is there a fix for this yet? I've tried mashing X and start but it doesn't work.
Enable Buffered Rendering and press O after the logo. Feel free to disable buffered rendering for speed after that.

Thanks so much. It's working now. Smile

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any games, the settings I use to get them to work, just to chat, or... well anything really haha. If I help maybe give me +1 Rep?
05-02-2013, 05:21 AM
(04-25-2013 08:54 AM)goofers Wrote:  When I'm in combat and choosing enemies to attack, the icon's a black square. I'm unable to see enemy's health. Any ideas, guys? Thanks.

Don't seen that black square anymore....