Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
02-11-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
(02-11-2014 04:51 PM)diction Wrote:  This is the first game I try out with PPSSPP (I'm on Android) so I don't know if it's an issue with my device or this game only.

Everything runs smoothly, actually I'm quite impressed just how good this runs on my tablet, but sometimes when I hit a save point and I try to save the program crashes. It doesn't happen at all save points, just specific ones (as I retried the same path and it crashed at the same one, tried a 3rd time by skipping that save point and using the next save point and it worked).

Everything else works perfectly, but saving is kind of crucial.

I'm using the latest version from the play store. The PPSSPP program is run from my internal storage and the game ISO is on the SDcard2. I was wondering if this could be the issue, or if it's something from my settings somewhere. I skimmed through the thread but it doesn't seem to be an issue that was mentioned.

The official version avaiable on the playstore is really outdated, if you wish you can try out the latest build which you can find here, simply scroll down until you see "All builds" and download the top one (v0.9.6-889-gb1d6eef as for the moment) for the platform of your choice. If possible, let us know if the problem is fixed.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Do I have to backup my savegame somewhere before updating?
02-11-2014, 05:54 PM
(02-11-2014 05:45 PM)diction Wrote:  Do I have to backup my savegame somewhere before updating?

Talking in general only system files are overwritten, while all the savedata is safe, but it's still better to make a backup to avoid any issues XD

02-12-2014, 11:04 AM
I updated and the problem has not occured again (so far). I'll report back if it happens again, thanks! Smile
02-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Good to hear that, the problem was fixed already then. Smile

02-12-2014, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 09:08 PM by blakester1997.)
i have a problem with text in p3p. the text in the bottom left that shows where you are or what floor and block you are in while exploring tartarus is not there, same with when you highlight something with the targeting cursor, the text that says "save point", "velvet room", or "[insert location that you have highlighted here]" is also missing and when i go into the menu and go to system, whatever option i highlight won't have text saying what it is. anyone have any idea how to fix this? edit: i just figured out how to attach attachments hang on.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-16-2014, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 04:00 AM by nc50lc.)
(02-09-2014 01:55 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 11:58 AM)nc50lc Wrote:  It seems like the latest build have problem with savestates

I am playing Monster Hunter 3rd (just for comparison)
Sometimes (about 3/10 coincidence), after Savestate, the game crashes.
Luckily, it was a successful save every time it crashes. Seems like it crashed after saving.

Dunno why this game would have issues, but Monster Hunter is a bad comparison to make because those games periodically check your save data. Any inconsistency caused by loading save states will mess up your game easily. It's a perfect example of why save states were never meant for those kind of games.

I usually Savestate on Yukumo Farm because of some crash problems before but 0.9.7.1 seems a bit stable than earlier versions, savestates on missions feels like a bit of "cheating" for me... Smile
Saving game state while loading data is really a bad idea. That will apply when you're playing Dlc quests and in Ad-hoc multi-player.

I'll try P3P again, maybe in better graphics this time.

(02-12-2014 09:04 PM)blakester1997 Wrote:  i have a problem with text in p3p. the text in the bottom left that shows where you are or what floor and block you are in while exploring tartarus is not there, same with when you highlight something with the targeting cursor, the text that says "save point", "velvet room", or "[insert location that you have highlighted here]" is also missing and when i go into the menu and go to system, whatever option i highlight won't have text saying what it is. anyone have any idea how to fix this? edit: i just figured out how to attach attachments hang on.

encountered that problem too, it's just a glitch from hack settings.
I forgot which part of the setting triggered it., but:

Try unchecking "disable alpha test" on graphics section (may slow down fps)
Or just experiment with settings if that didn't work.

Seeing this thread makes me want to play the game a few time-loops more.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
02-16-2014, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 09:22 AM by nc50lc.)
Update: seems like that "disable alpha test" really is the culprit. Check attachments (enabled, the other one is disabled)...
But a new problem occurred, I gotta confirm it first. There shouldn't be any problem in turning OFF hack settings on graphics section though, it's on default.

02-19-2014, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 01:08 PM by blakester1997.)
(02-16-2014 08:42 AM)nc50lc Wrote:  Update: seems like that "disable alpha test" really is the culprit. Check attachments (enabled, the other one is disabled)...
But a new problem occurred, I gotta confirm it first. There shouldn't be any problem in turning OFF hack settings on graphics section though, it's on default.
thanks that fixed it. also haven't yet come across that other problem you mentioned.
02-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Is anyone else experiencing wierd slowdown at the pre dark hour clock scene. Its really wierd but since xmas the dev builds all cause it to run at 8 fps for those small scenes only. Nexus 7 2013
02-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Hello everybody. I'm playing P3P currently and it's really smooth great work to the devs! The only problem that presents every once in a while is crashing when navigating Tartarus. This part of the game is on 3D, the emulator suddenly stops and exits without any warning or messages. Because of this I always save state after fights (the fights are on 3D too but the problem has never presented during a fight) immediately as I go back to navigating Tartarus. This problem (crashing) has even presented as I tried to save state after a fight, in the PPSSPP UI, it corrupted the save state. Fortunately I also save in-game as often as I can. so I didn't lose much progress.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 (international)
It's running OmegaROM 4.1.2

I have the latest PPSSPP version installed (0.9.7.2)

Are there any settings crucial to the game's stability I should change?
I have also noticed that this ROM consumes a nice amount of RAM (I'm often at ~700MB out of 830 or something), should I upgrade my Android version to a different ROM running 4.3?

Again, thanks to the devs for such amazing emulator! You da bess.
02-25-2014, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 02:14 PM by nc50lc.)
Sometime, fps is exceeding the limit so I enabled "prevent fps from exceeding 60" option, after that, the game crashes like before. Consider unchecking that option if the game crashes on tartarus.

Update: v0.9.7.2.235
I have tested fast memory (on) - Fps limit to 60 (off) and I didn't experience crash for over an hour of gameplay.

02-25-2014, 08:48 PM
(02-25-2014 11:34 AM)nc50lc Wrote:  I usually play P3P with "fast memory" unchecked, It actually minimizes/prevent crashes on tartarus in exchange for slight fps reduction. Don't forget to turn it on when playing other games.

Oh thanks a lot I'll make sure to have that option unchecked!
02-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I have the newest PPSSPP 9.7.2.166 and Persona 3 crashes a whole lot more. Been running with fast memory unchecked and previous versions the crashes were occasional. Now it seems to be every few minutes sometimes.
02-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Fideon try using KITKAT rom Smile 4.4.2

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?