Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downloading git apk with mobile browser
02-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Downloading git apk with mobile browser
Is it just me or is it it difficult to get the daily git off the website with a mobile browser? Im using dolphin browser in desktop and android mode but pretty sure it does ifor me on the stock browser as well.

When I click the download link under android column it doesnt start downloading.... I long press and do save as and it downloads a index.php which I then have to rename index.apk. What is the deal with my phone?

Xperia play at&t
Gingerbread
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Downloading git apk with mobile browser
I had this problem too, just open the download link in a new window/panel and it will start the download
02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
no probs here, opera is best it works every time.
02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes, stock browser sucks, but no problem really, no need rename, only open the file and auto detect apk, install and delete, no see the problem.

or install opera, better browser.
02-15-2013, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 11:50 PM by stodag.)
The good thing about opera mobile is is you can place the download in a folder of your choice..

stock always suck Smile

skyfires good also, best for watchin sjy sportsSmile anyways im going off topic, yep opera best for downloads.
02-16-2013, 07:18 AM
As already said: just open the download link in a new tab and the download will start normally.
02-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Definitely need to improve this though...
Thread Closed