Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
08-17-2013, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 03:22 PM by darkvirus.)
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
hi guys, im using the build 1580, and i notice that there are crazy shadow problem, and before i switch to build 1580 im using the official one and i noticed black background any help on fixing it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM
My only problem with this is i cant hear music during gamplay only sounds ! is there a fix for this ? (sorry im new)
08-18-2013, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 07:10 PM by fadedchaos.)
Hai. So I have minimal experience with using tablets I just got mine aa month or so ago
Asus smart pad10
Runs tegra 3 quadcore jellybean 4.2
I downloaded the audio codec which fixed my sound problems but having issues with frameskip if its off sound is choppy and with it on I get flickering black screens and in game play is still slow at best with the vps at 30 cut scenes look good and game play will work with frameskip at 2 but yet again the black screen flickering is pretty bad
Running ppsspp ver .8

I don't want to play with the setting on my own to much since I don't really know what I'm doing so everything is on default

My rom is USA version iso
08-18-2013, 08:19 PM
for android users, have you tried the latest build sir? v0.8.1-1634-ga48e1de

what I use for settings for this are:

HW Transform = ON
Buffered Rendering = ON (though it has big difference in graphic quality)
Frameskip = 0 / 2 / 4
Texture Filtering = Linear
Texture Scaling = Hybrid, Level 2x, Deposterized ticked
Force 60 FPS or Less = ON
Fast Memory = ON
Multithread = ON (gave me speed boost for my phone at least)
Unlock CPU = 60

as for the sound, try to enable both.. though I haven't done that on my phone since it usually has its crackly sound on it.

Samsung P6200 Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
OS v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean, Stock & Custom ROM)
Mali-400 GPU , Exynos 4210 Chipset
Dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU
08-19-2013, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 08:25 AM by fadedchaos.)
Wow thanks a ton the game is running much better when I adjusted the settings as specified. I don't much mind the static of the sound or the graphics being toned down by the buffer but But I didn't see a multi thread option to turn on in graphics/system and I'm not sure how to unlock the CPU is that just for computers? But if it ran a bit faster it would be perfect though!!

Sorry for being such a newbie but I went ahead and bought gold to support the devs so glad you guys are getting this to work keep it up can't wait for the next update!!
08-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Running great on my pc with all configurations maxed out, but with no music sound(the sound effects and voices are good). v0.8.1

But on Android not too much lucky.

Im trying to play this with Galaxy Mega but it's soooooo slow =/
08-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi!

Whats wrong with the android builds on running on Ouya? I can´t Believe nobody has noticed this problem! It seems like the emu is running in low color mode. Like 16-bits or less, because the colors in Kingdom hearts look awful with banding in the sky and faces and so on. Even when you change to 32-bit colors in-game it still looks the same! Is there a fix for this??

Also it seems something is broken on the builds since about revision 1400 somethin. Certain parts of cut scenes are way to dark. In the beginning when you see Xehanort on the Island with Wentus the scene gets completely dark when Wen raisis his hand to summon the keyblade. Also later when Terra appears for the first time the scene turns dark. This didnt happen on earlier builds.

Im using v0.8.1-1735-gdc161b1 on the Ouya.

Also the pause buttonmapping doesnt work so theres no way to return to the PPSSPP menu on the Ouya
08-20-2013, 04:06 PM
tenshin2002, will look at that later, but can you do me a favor right now? In PPSSPP on your Ouya, please go to System Information in the PPSSPP settings and tell me what it says for "System Name".
08-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Fixed the missing Pause keymapping.
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 07:05 PM by tenshin2002.)
Thanks Henrik (tackar! ;-) )
Will try the pause button later.
In the system information it says:
OUYA:OUYA Console
08-21-2013, 12:28 PM
(08-20-2013 04:11 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Fixed the missing Pause keymapping.

Hi Henrik!
I tried latest build and the Pause binding works in Ouya now, thanks!

I´m still a bit puzzled about the colors. I tried my PAL Crisis Core dump, and its got the same weird color banding! Im beginning to think its an Ouya problem. I tried to find any output settings on the Ouya, but even in the advanced settings theres no output settings corresponding to any color depth. I even tried on 2 different TVs and with 2 different HDMI Cables, same result. :-(
Have you any knowledge about the Ouya output?
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 04:38 PM by Lollolo.)
Hi there!!
I finally decided to try PPSSPP, since i've been playing on JPCSP so far, but when it comes to transfering save data i've some issues. Sad
I tried to move my save data of BBSFM (patched in italian, to be precise) from JPCSP's saves folder to memstick>PSP>SAVEDATA in PPSSPP folder, but when I try to load them the game says that they're corrupted... Sad I've finished the game (even last episode and secret episode) but I wanted to reach 100% using PPSSPP because the graphics are awesome (HD, texture resize etc.) and I think it runs faster.
Is there any way to fix this problem?? Huh

Thank you very much!!! Big Grin Big Grin

This is my system (if useful): Win7-64, Intel core i7-2630QM, Nvidia GeForce 540M 1gb VRam, 8GB DDR3 Ram
08-26-2013, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 05:13 PM by TheDax.)
They're "corrupted" because by default, JPCSP doesn't use encryption with their saves. PPSSPP always uses encryption. If you want to bring your saves over, make sure you have this option enabled, and then re-save your game(s):

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-26-2013, 05:25 PM
(08-26-2013 05:13 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  They're "corrupted" because by default, JPCSP doesn't use encryption with their saves. PPSSPP always uses encryption. If you want to bring your saves over, make sure you have this option enabled, and then re-save your game(s):

Crypto mode has always been enabled on JPCSP, so i guess they're encrypted. I've tried disabling it and re-saved, than disabled encryption on PPSSPP, but the emulator crashes on memorycard check...
08-26-2013, 09:33 PM
ho to everyone! i dum iso file from original umd, copy it on my psp and... i got black screen :| how can i run it? Sad