Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
06-20-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
I think we're on the cusp right now.

v0.7.6-1490-ge6fb1b2 makes the game crash instead of black screen, which, depending on how you look at it could be a good sign. It means the root cause has been recently touched or addressed.

More good news in that Mimana Iyar Chronicles had started black screening recently, too, but with this new build it has stopped. The issue is closer to being solved! Unfortunately the crash is so abrupt I can't give a diagnosis of what exactly is causing it code-wise. Sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Somewhere around 0x088fabf0, it gets into a loop where it's doing... I'm not sure what. It starts getting clearly wrong values in the loop.

If I force it out of the loop to 0x088fac34, it continues but with completely broken graphics.

I'm also getting heap corruption....

-[Unknown]
06-20-2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 07:13 PM by combusken.)
Quote:I think we're on the cusp right now.

v0.7.6-1490-ge6fb1b2 makes the game crash instead of black screen, which, depending on how you look at it could be a good sign. It means the root cause has been recently touched or addressed.

More good news in that Mimana Iyar Chronicles had started black screening recently, too, but with this new build it has stopped. The issue is closer to being solved! Unfortunately the crash is so abrupt I can't give a diagnosis of what exactly is causing it code-wise. Sorry.

I still have the same error here, maybe you're using Fast Memory in the configuration settings?

Quote:Somewhere around 0x088fabf0, it gets into a loop where it's doing... I'm not sure what. It starts getting clearly wrong values in the loop.

If I force it out of the loop to 0x088fac34, it continues but with completely broken graphics.

I'm also getting heap corruption....

Did you found that address in the console with the interpreter? And, i got this error just right before the invalid address errors in the debug console with JIT turned off:

Quote:E[HLE]: Mips\MIPSInt.cpp:413 WARNING : exception-causing add at 089bb1a0

Do it has anything to do with it?
06-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Hmm, well, that's interesting. But, that just means "an add that could cause an exception was used." I think in practice, if it did generate an exception, the game would just crash.

I hadn't tried it with jit off, I was messing around in the disassembler using breakpoints to see why it was dying. You can see it better if you want, by unchecking "Ignore invalid addresses" or whatever the setting is named in Options at the bottom.

If I'm right, even trying to load a savegame from right after the first battle crashes the exact same way.

-[Unknown]
06-21-2013, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2013 07:00 AM by combusken.)
Quote:Hmm, well, that's interesting. But, that just means "an add that could cause an exception was used." I think in practice, if it did generate an exception, the game would just crash.

I hadn't tried it with jit off, I was messing around in the disassembler using breakpoints to see why it was dying. You can see it better if you want, by unchecking "Ignore invalid addresses" or whatever the setting is named in Options at the bottom.

If I'm right, even trying to load a savegame from right after the first battle crashes the exact same way.

-[Unknown]

Ooo, I see, better goin to the development category first.
06-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Sadly the game still doesn´t work with the version 0.8, I get the same error as before, the one with the hundreds of invalid adresses.

But I have noticed a few changes, now the key "W" works, the key function is to rotate the screen to the right. In the earlier versions, it didn´t work.

The cutscenes (FMV) doesn´t play in full screen, i don´t know why, Maybe i can fix this changing some options, but i don´t know how yet.

Keep on with the great job you are doing!!
06-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Here for now is running normal except for the little bug in the sound and the small slowness in the use of spells with lots of light.
The video footage are also normal even in full screen.
06-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics:The War of the Lions
So this game black screens after the second battle. Everytime without fail. I thought it was a sound issue after I downloaded the plugin. Turned off sound in settings and nothing changed.

I read the FF Tactics:War of Lions Page but it seems dated and I thought that there might be a solution now. if any one knows please get back to me.

Thanks
06-25-2013, 02:36 PM
(06-25-2013 02:25 PM)celomark Wrote:  Here for now is running normal except for the little bug in the sound and the small slowness in the use of spells with lots of light.

But how far have you get? The game crashes after the third fight, after you talk with Delita and Angus. Have you reached further than that?
06-25-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics:The War of the Lions
Please search before hand.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...2#pid31072
06-25-2013, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 05:15 PM by TheDax.)
(06-25-2013 02:25 PM)celomark Wrote:  Here for now is running normal except for the little bug in the sound and the small slowness in the use of spells with lots of light.

The slowdown isn't PPSSPP's fault, it's Square Enix's shoddy programming of the PSP port; it slows down badly on the real device(try it yourself and see!). Try using one of the slowdown fix patches from FFHacktics.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-25-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics:The War of the Lions
That didnt work at all. Still get black screen after the second battle.
06-26-2013, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 06:11 AM by sedir.)
(06-25-2013 05:15 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  

The slowdown isn't PPSSPP's fault, it's Square Enix's shoddy programming of the PSP port; it slows down badly on the real device(try it yourself and see!). Try using one of the slowdown fix patches from FFHacktics.

Hi, WotL runs fine (60fps) on PPSSPP v0.8-74, but with these slowdown issues at spell cast as we know. I've tried applying a patch from FFHacktics, but it didn't work.

Does someone have a working patch (for ISO file) to address this issue that works with PPSSPP?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I was mistaken using a EUR patch to a USA ISO. I recommend using this patch (http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topi...#msg181528) with EUR ISO. Works great!

Hope this help you too.
06-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Merged
06-26-2013, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 03:27 PM by Toshiko.)
I'm curious how you all are seeing anything but a black screen in v0.7.6-1490-ge6fb1b2 through v0.8.

The Squaresoft and Ivalice Alliance logos display correctly, as does the opening movie, but the title screen and every screen after is nothing but black. Audio is working fine, but the screen is black. Please tell me this isn't more 'AMD cards are bad and you should feel bad' crap. I lament every day, for many and varied reasons, having an AMD card. -.-

Edit: Turning off mipmapping fixed this, too. Good to know that's an option to leave off.