Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble connecting PS4 to PS5 via Remote Play
07-01-2021, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2021 08:28 AM by Boyce.)
Trouble connecting PS4 to PS5 via Remote Play
I have a PS4 upstairs in my game room and a PS5 in my living room. Both are connected via hardline to the internet here, the Ps4 connected directly to the modem and PS5 to the router (The modem only has 2 out slots and no wifi).

Since my roommate plays Animal Crossing a lot on the living room TV and I wish to play various games on the PS5, I want to use remote play. the problem is that it's not allowing me to link the system. Everywhere I'm reading https://showbox.bio/, it says that if they're both online on my PSN account, they should automatically link, but I'm not seeing any evidence of that. It's asking me to link systems, which is fine.

So, I go to manually link the system, but it's not linking. I go to the PS5, go to Settings > System > Remote Play, then turn on remote play and then go to link system, and it gives me n 8-digit code as well as a prompt saying I am to turn on the system I wanna do remote play from, and follow the prompts. I open up the PS4's Remote Play app, go through it all, and it says it tries to find my other PS5 but gets nothing so it says to do so manually by putting in the 8-digit code. I put in the 8-digit code, it pauses for a moment...then kicks me back to the last screen, forcing me to input the code again. No error, no 'could not find your PS5', just kicks me back without any warning or explanation.

I've tried googling, going to youtube, and searching here but I can't find much in terms of troubleshooting this issue at all, let alone this particular issue. I just wanna play some PS5 without interfering with my roommate!

Does anyone have any insight or resources? I don't even begin to know what I could be doing wrong here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2021, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 05:19 AM by Albrecht.)
RE: Trouble connecting PS4 to PS5 via Remote Play
Quote:We cannot connect automatically: my roommate plays Animal Crossing and I want to try Remote Play. As we study and I need to write my essay in 2 hours, I've no time to do homework and need your help with resources.

Hi there,
It isn't on the same LAN, in case you are connecting to your modem directly. So you should connect the PS4 to your router as well.
10-13-2021, 08:30 AM
RE: Trouble connecting PS4 to PS5 via Remote Play
(09-20-2021 05:18 AM)Albrecht Wrote:  
Quote:We cannot connect automatically: my roommate plays Animal Crossing and I want to try Remote Play. As we study and I need to write my essay in 2 hours, I've no time to do homework and need your help with resources.

Hi there,
It isn't on the same LAN, in case you are connecting to your modem directly. So you should connect the PS4 to your router as well.

Your advice works for me well, thanks