Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New PPSSPP user here, in need of some help!
03-23-2015, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 11:08 PM by Skorpian456.)
New PPSSPP user here, in need of some help!
Hello everyone!
First of all, would like to say thank you to all the devs working on this emulator. Pretty darn impressed by it tbh Big Grin
So these are my PC specs :
i5 3570k - 8 GB RAM - GTX 660 Ti - Windows 7 x64
Questions :
1-Are these decent enough to run the emulator without any problems at any games?
2-What are the settings for the best possible graphics? (I'm running a 1920x1080 monitor, so I would like to know how to run games in full HD as well)
3-Is it possible for me in games like yugioh to use my keyboard to input letters instead of using the controller and going over the buttons like on the PSP?
4-Are there any certain games that are known to be incompatible with the emulator? ( Compatibility list would be appreciated ^^ )
Thanks in advance Big Grin.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: New PPSSPP user here, in need of some help!
1. The emu is gonna work fine, even a single core CPU can do the job fine. One of the most important things is the GPU and you have a beasty one which means you can do anything.
2. The default settings are the max you can go. Only way you could make the games look better is to increase the rendering resolution and use custom postprocessing shaders. If you feel like making your own you can use LunaMoo's customizable shaders http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594
3.Nope, that's the only way.
4.The game supports almost all games, some of them don't work but most of them are Japanese Visual Novel games. Here's the compatibility list thou http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1473
03-25-2015, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 02:58 PM by Skorpian456.)
Thanks a lot. I'm kind of lost as to how to use the shaders you linked tho, how am I supposed to turn them on?
P.S : What's the difference between Direct3D9 and OpenGL?
P.S.2 : I dunno where to ask for this, but I'm looking for yugioh 5ds tag force 6 english patch if anyone can help me with that. Thanks again Big Grin
03-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Direct3D is mostly for use on older hardware which doesn't support the right OpenGL levels. You should generally try to use OpenGL unless you're having issues with it or you're planning to run something that needs to hook into D3D, such as some VR implementations.
03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
What are VR implementations? And does OpenGL improve graphics etc?
03-27-2015, 12:00 AM
(03-26-2015 10:47 PM)Skorpian456 Wrote:  What are VR implementations? And does OpenGL improve graphics etc?

Both DX9 and OpenGL improve the rendering resolution. And you can only use the custom shaders with OpenGL cause its not made for use with DX9.
03-27-2015, 12:17 AM
(03-27-2015 12:00 AM)GamerzHell9137 Wrote:  Both DX9 and OpenGL improve the rendering resolution. And you can only use the custom shaders with OpenGL cause its not made for use with DX9.

I think he was referencing the various stereo-graphic 3D and VR hacks that inject themselves between any 3D applications and the 3D API. Like NVidias 3D Vision. Most of those only support applications that use Direct3D to render.