Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSP Font Auto-Generate from TTF
03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: PSP Font Auto-Generate from TTF
Although I don't condemn for downloading the fonts since it's essentially no different than me using the fonts that I dumped from my friend's PSP, the point of generating custom fonts is to use any font instead of just being limited to Sony's boring font. Or, replacing the oversized fonts currently supplied with PPSSPP, because their "small" font size/spacing causes text to run off the screen. This batch can be helpful for those who don't want to risk downloading fonts and don't have access to a PSP to dump them. And custom fonts work well for the most part, except when games use small fonts which is a fault with ttf2pgf. And as much as I want to, I don't have the knowledge or skills to fix it.

Also, thanks for sharing the bat2exe info. I was actually aware of this program but I never used it much myself. I'm not one who cares that much about the appearance, just whether or not it gets job done. Most scripts I share online I leave them as batch files so anyone can edit and modify it to fit their needs, or improve on it or offer suggestions because I'm not exactly an expert.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PSP Font Auto-Generate from TTF - Bighead - 02-28-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: PSP Font Auto-Generate from TTF - Bighead - 03-02-2014 07:37 PM