The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android Performance Loss going from .9.6 to .9.7
02-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Android Performance Loss going from .9.6 to .9.7
I definitely took a performance hit going from play store version of 0.9.6* to the current play store version of 0.9.7.2. (I don't side load the incremental versions)

I feel like I'm bitching about a first world problem, but 9.6 ran at pretty much 95-99% perfect for my GS4 for the games I play. As in, it would run full speed almost all the time, with occasional lag/stutter that 1-5% of the time. Audio was the same.

Now I seem to be more at 10-15% or so for the occasional lag/stutter and even worse (~40%?) for audio stutter/chop. The audio is the more annoying part.

I've tried turning on Lazy Texture caching, which I understand was hidden and turned on by default in previous versions, with no noticeable effect. I also tried Low quality splines and I disabled debug logging both of which I never had to try before. Otherwise my config is the same as how it ran optimally in .9.6

Anyone else have this issue? Is there something else I should try other than reverting back to .9.6 or waiting for a new release?

*Sorry, I don't remember what the newest version (0.9.6.X) was on Google Play, can someone point me to the version/build for that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Android Performance Loss going from .9.6 to .9.7 - Bloodgod - 02-19-2014 02:58 PM