Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
02-26-2015, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 08:41 AM by Jayce.)
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
(02-26-2015 04:25 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The save / load images in the game's pause menu, or in the ppsspp pause menu? Both work fine for me with default settings.

Which cutscenes specifically?

The blurry items turn out to be caused by render resolution > 1x PSP. A real PSP is only capable of 1x PSP render resolution, so some games were not written to work properly at higher render resolutions. Unfortunately, this game seems to be drawing that in a way that only works properly at 1x.

Specifically, please see here:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13556

-[Unknown]

Specifically the PPSSPP pause menu : the images (the new style of states starting 1.0 patch where there is an image besides the save and load) when you save a current state.

I first encountered it in Episode 3 -> Dinero Palace stage 2. There will be a cutscene before the stage start. There should have a voice audio but there is none, but when you change the audio to japanese, there is a voice audio in that cutscene.

If you checked yours and there's also no voice audio in the english mode, then I think that the problem is with the usa version of the game, maybe there's really no english voice translations in that cutscene. (Also try to check the japanese audio in the settings)

And lastly, I have read that thread regarding the blur issue, I quite don't fully understand it but I understand what is it saying at least. But why only in Disgaea 1? Disgaea 2 doesn't have this kind of issue considering the graphics, sprites, textures, and animations are all upgraded since it's the 2nd game of the series.

You saw the image in my attachment right? So do you also experience this? The blur in the word : settings, status and quit? If yes then I'll ignore the issue as I'm not the only one experiencing it and I'll just try to fix it by getting the right settings for it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - sansa - 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - sahat - 06-03-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Jayce - 02-25-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Jayce - 02-26-2015, 03:22 AM
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Jayce - 02-26-2015 08:24 AM
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Helel - 11-15-2014, 01:39 PM