The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Problems with multiple controllers connected to one computer
02-09-2014, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 11:54 PM by Sarisa81.)
[Solved] Problems with multiple controllers connected to one computer
I run Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. I first ran into this problem on 0.9.6-r784, but version doesn't seem to matter much; I had the same problem on 0.9.1-r502.

I have a dock for my laptop, with USB ports on the back, more than the laptop itself has. Usually my controller (a Logitech Dual Action, old but it works) remains plugged into one of those ports on the dock.

When I plugged a different controller (a no-name pseudo-NES controller) into one of the USB ports on the laptop itself, the NES controller seemed to take over as "the" controller recognized by PPSSPP. Obviously I couldn't play the game that way but it did recognize button input. PPSSPP did not recognize the PS2 controller at all; it would not accept any input whatsoever from it, even in the control mapping screen. Rearranging controllers, restarting, etc. had no effect; the quickest fix was System Restore!

If I unplug the PS2 controller first then plug in the NES controller I do not have this problem.

The only good hint I got as to what was going on was when I turned on FCEUX and tried to get its controller mapping to work; it recognized the NES controller as "JS 0" (normally it recognizes whatever controller is plugged in as JS 0) and the PS2 controller as "JS 255".

I know that's not a very helpful report, but I would like to get to the bottom of what's going on here and would be willing to provide whatever other information is needed.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] Problems with multiple controllers connected to one computer - Sarisa81 - 02-09-2014 06:14 PM