Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get unfiltered upscaled native resolution?
01-16-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 06:23 AM by fraggel.)
RE: How to get unfiltered upscaled native resolution?
(01-15-2014 04:42 PM)TheDax Wrote:  With 1x render resolution, 3x window size, nearest filtering, and no postprocessing shaders, here's what it looks like for me (click it to see the full size):

So it's definitely a settings issue, unless differing GPUs are causing weird bilinear filtering issues, or something.

Edit: Are you sure it's something that would have to be added, Henrik? That shot I posted looks relatively crisp.

The best results would probably be 2 or 3x resolution with nearest, though, as suggested above.

No, what you have there is distorted and wrong.

But that's OK. Hopefully the proper option will be added in the future!

(01-15-2014 06:02 PM)naoan Wrote:  1x shot resized with nearest neighbor kernel using external image editor :
[Image: ibn9FQJaUcaV74.png]

And this is still not pixel perfect. If you look at the text, I strongly doubt that the letters were so irregularly aliased on a real PSP, so the accuracy of PPSSPP probably needs to be improved as well.

(If you need examples, look at how different the two letters P are in "player phase", or all of the letters i in "militiaman".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get unfiltered upscaled native resolution? - fraggel - 01-16-2014 06:19 AM