Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable"
01-04-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable"
(01-04-2014 03:28 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Those two versions are approximately 183 differences apart.

If you downloaded something around -93, and tried, you would eliminate 50% of the possibilities. Using this method (going half way between each time), you could find the exact cause within 8 tries (well, the buildbot doesn't build every commit, so it will take less and you'll end up with a range.)

This is called "bisecting." It's not a method reserved to only programmers.

I can guarantee you that if we settled for certain versions being "the one" for certain games, the number of games PPSSPP (any version at all) is compatible with would be half what it is now or less.

There are still other games that aren't compatible yet, or are slow. Maybe they need a combination of the thing that fixes Sega Rally Revo and the thing that fixes Valkyrie Profile. Just saying "I've got my special version" means those games will never ever work.

We also add features to newer versions. What happens if you want to play Sega Rally Revo with tilt controls? Does God of War have online play options? You might not want these now but you may want them 1 or 2 months from now if they are improved in future versions.

Again, the latest version is, imho, the gold standard. If it doesn't work there, it's a problem.

-[Unknown]

It seems easier using your methods mmmmm..... half and half and half, ok, let me try it later. I got jobs to be done.

I certainly hope that this emulator could be improved and patched, and that's why I post here. So I agree with you UNKNOWN when you say that if we only do our "playing" part, PPSSPP wouldn't be so perfect now. I just didn't realize that I can do a little bit more to help to find in which version PPSSPP got this wrong. Now I think that everyone has to do something more.

Another game: Silent Hill Shatter Memories, in all versions flashing all the time. But I guess it's just another story.......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable" - torresdyl - 01-04-2014 05:07 PM