Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable"
01-03-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable"
(01-03-2014 05:47 PM)TheDax Wrote:  Playable is currently defined as if the game tends to work relatively bug free on desktop platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac), with a recent version. If there are no desktop reports for a game working or not working, we default to Android, if it's working or not. Desktops get higher priority because mobile devices vary so wildly in hardware and compatibility (every device can have its own quirks, while PCs tend to stay somewhat consistent in behaviour (most ATI cards work the same, most NVidia cards work the same as other NVidia cards, etc.), even with different GPU vendors and CPU makers). While it's nice that some games work 'perfectly' on older versions, I'd say we tend to be more concerned with having games work on newer versions to increase overall compatibility.

If Henrik or [Unknown] want to chime in too, that's fine. I'm just giving my take on the matter.

With all that said, it'd probably make more sense to have 2 compatibility lists, if we ever get a wiki type system set up, one for mobiles and one for desktops. They vary too much to have a unified list..

Thanks for all the effort that you guys make to perfect the emulator Smile

You're right: mobile phones and pc are so different, and each game is not the same. That't why I suggest all to report "in which platform/phone I can run what game with what version" so that the others can follow his example.

Can my post be pinned to establish a standard form of compatibility questions or to be a plus to original model question post?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable" - torresdyl - 01-03-2014 06:11 PM