The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable"
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable"
Hey guys. I am new here and I found a problem that may be very important. Let's put it like this:

I have two versions of PPSSPP:
A: v 0.9.6.2
B: v 0.9.6.185-gacce50a

I can play God of War: Chains of Olympus in version A, smoothly and perfectly in all means (a little bit slow though, coz I turned on Buffered render and postprocessing shader is set to Vignette, but with good video quality). But I can't play Valkyrie Profile Lenneth in version A, coz it would not pass the first CG, where Valkyrie turns to her goddess form.

With version B, I can pass this part with normal settings, but God of War is so slow....

And, I can't play Sega Rally Revo in either version, and I found that it can run smoothly in v0.7.6-547, with buffered render off. But I can't find this version on the Internet, even here... The download links in the site are tooooooo "new" for me.

So we must think about it: how do we define "playable"? Due to the existence of a variety of games, I suppose that for the developers' team it is not even possible to test just a small part of all these games, we must reconsider the compatibility part of PPSSPP.

I suggest to all, my friends:

1. If you cannot play one game with the newest version of PPSSPP, just change to another version, maybe one developed one year before, especially when it's an "old" game, like Valkyrie Profile Lenneth.

2. Due to the fact that some games are playable only in some version of the emulator, I think we shall work together to find out in which version one game can run smoothly, not only reporting problems. Everyone does his part and reports positive results to benefit the others. In all, we all loves these interesting games and this emulator, right?

3. Prepare one version of emulator for each game, in which it can run smoothly.

4. At last, anyone have the link for downloading v0.7.6-547 or another version in which I can play SEGA Rally Revo? Googled for many days....

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion to all: How to define "Playable" - torresdyl - 01-03-2014 05:38 PM