The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mobile Hardware Performance
11-28-2013, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 01:03 PM by kafeaulait.)
Question Mobile Hardware Performance
I'm mostly interested in Android devices, particularly the Nexus 5 and the Moto X that I'm deciding between for Cyber Monday. But you can just share your experience with the CPU/GPU and I think that should be informative enough.

Do any of you own either of these devices and how do they perform? On what games? With what settings (stock or tweaked)? I imagine that the Moto X shouldn't do any better than the Nexus 4 (which is no good at all) given its CPU.

How about the Tegra Note (by Nvidia/EVGA) with the Tegra 4 CPU/GPU chip? Ostensibly, it should be the best at running PPSSPP. Well, is it? What success have you had with it? What failures?

I've tried to run (1) FFTactic: War of the Lions, and (2) FF7 Crisis Core on my Nexus 4 and results were abysmal, though not unexpected. Choppy sound, <50% fps, high heat generation (though this is the device's fault).

I'll try to update the OP with questions/answers if we want to keep this as the general hardware thread for reference (I couldn't find one).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mobile Hardware Performance - kafeaulait - 11-28-2013 01:01 PM
RE: Mobile Hardware Performance - Henrik - 11-28-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Mobile Hardware Performance - Ritori - 11-28-2013, 11:42 PM