Poll: Is your Snapdragon powered device affected by this issue?
This poll is closed.
Yes, is slower than any other device when it shouldn't, even with adviced tweaks 85.19% 46 85.19%
No, it runs everything pretty smooth 14.81% 8 14.81%
Total 54 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
06-15-2014, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014 07:11 AM by bomberman46.)
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
(06-14-2014 07:16 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Good to hear that! Can you tell us which games slow down the most from enabling simulate block transfers?

Most games seem to make no difference in speed. In fact, I think more games are less 'broken' (for lack of better word) which means compatibility is better.

For example, Photo Kano was practically broken because the photo function didn't work before. I just tried it again and the game crashed now when it was unchecked. Having it checked, the game made the photo function within the game work and get past the story parts that couldn't previously before.

One game that really took a big dive in speed is Fate Extra, but this was with a previous build from the one I'm using now (I believe v0.9.8-1020-g48d4c4c was the previous one). I noticed with it checked, right from the beginning the graphic for the text part have a background now instead of a solid black background. The new build that I'm using (v0.9.8-1164-g6a89658) is back to black background even with it checked and the speed more or less the same whether it's checked or not. So the graphic doesn't work like before, but the speed is improved I guess?

Anyway, I'll test more games since the compatibility is making a quite an improvement these days. Sorry for the long fat message.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP - bomberman46 - 06-15-2014 07:11 AM