Poll: Is your Snapdragon powered device affected by this issue?
This poll is closed.
Yes, is slower than any other device when it shouldn't, even with adviced tweaks 85.19% 46 85.19%
No, it runs everything pretty smooth 14.81% 8 14.81%
Total 54 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
03-27-2014, 02:33 AM
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
I have a Snapdragon (not Xperia, though) and I haven't noticed any major regressions. But if you're talking about frameskip, you probably just have your settings wrong. Frameskip works perfectly fine on my device. For example, Dissidia runs great at 1x, but at 3x render it is going at 27%. Enabling auto frameskip with frameskip set to 1 allows it to go at 50%, and setting it to 4 allows it to go at 100% speed.

Of course, I personally prefer the lower render resolution to frameskip.

I've seen multiple hacks go in recently, so I don't know if compatibility has gotten worse. Probably you are right. Hacks are horrible for compatibility. I do know that several fixes, improving compatibility, have also gone in.

What games crash for you? Are you sure these are somehow snapdragon specific issues? Maybe the games just crash? Maybe it's because fastmem (which makes things faster, but can crash more often if there's a bug) was changed to on by default.

I'm not sure there's any regressions or things specific to Snapdragon getting worse.

Can you be more specific?

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP - [Unknown] - 03-27-2014 02:33 AM