Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fix for issue 4306 disabled 'Esc' and Android 'Back' from exiting paused state
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Fix for issue 4306 disabled 'Esc' and Android 'Back' from exiting paused state
(10-26-2013 12:04 PM)naoan Wrote:  Agree, this is also very very annoying in windows, any chance to change it back to old behavior? I understand that disabling back on android phone make sense but there's little chance for anyone to mishit esc key in windows or on android console like ouya so I hope the devs could at least change it back on windows or make it configurable for every platform.

I honestly see no need to have it configurable even, though I wouldn't object to it.
The use of 'Esc' and Android 'Back' to exit from the menu is how it always has been since I started using PPSSPP (admittedly not so long ago), and I've never seen anyone complaining about accidentally leaving the menu.

Since this is the established PPSSPP usage, I suggest it simply be restored.

To me it seems that some code cleanup involved in implementing the 'onFinish' functionality for exit from submenus accidentally removed the ability to exit using 'Esc' or Android 'Back' from the main in-game menu, possibly because it doesn't have the same need for an 'onFinish' method like the submenus do (and they can still be exited with 'Esc' and Android 'Back').

So I just want the original functionality restored.
(Possibly by implementing new 'onFinish' code for the main in-game menu.)

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fix for issue 4306 disabled 'Esc' and Android 'Back' from exiting paused state - dlanor - 10-26-2013 01:21 PM