The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fix for issue 4306 disabled 'Esc' and Android 'Back' from exiting paused state
10-26-2013, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 02:41 AM by dlanor.)
Fix for issue 4306 disabled 'Esc' and Android 'Back' from exiting paused state
Like the thread title says, the recent fix for issue 4306 has disabled the keyboard 'Esc' key and the Android 'Back' button from exiting the in-game menu back into the paused game.

This was tested with build 2165 both for Android (on my OUYA) and for x64 under Windows 7.

This quick button/key method has always been my preferred method of exiting from that menu, especially on my OUYA, where I have the 'pause' function on the gamepad button L3, so that an overly frenetic use of the analog stick sometimes pauses the game and opens the in-game menu.

That was no big problem when all I needed to do was to click the 'A' button on the gamepad (corresponds to PS2 'O' button) to get back to the game again.

But now this no longer works, and I must use DPad six times to navigate to the on-screen "Continue" button, since that is now the only way to get back to the game.

Theoretically I can use the OUYA touchpad or a mouse to reach the on-screen button instead, but that doesn't work well since the OUYA uses a non-linear mouse/pad accelerator, so its 'aim' is horrible. Positioning the pointer precisely over any on-screen button is even slower than repeated gamepad button presses.

NB: I'm opening a github issue on this functionality loss.

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Fix for issue 4306 disabled 'Esc' and Android 'Back' from exiting paused state - dlanor - 10-26-2013 02:40 AM