The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sound issues
10-06-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 04:06 PM by emjeeman.)
sound issues
Hi!

I'm really digging this emulator and the interface is beautiful. Nice work Smile

However, I am experiencing some problems.

First off, I'm using 0.9.1 which I downloaded off the site's download section just a few days ago.

1) EDIT: SOLVED

2) I'm experiencing some real slowdown in the sound and it sounds jerky/static-ish/stuttering. The game runs at fine speed and video looks great. It's just the primary sound is slow and poor quality. Audio that requires Atrac3+ works fine, though. If it may be the cause, I'm playing Mega Man Powered Up, a Capcom game. I haven't had the time to test with other games, though.
More on this issue: in the first few seconds of playing (Mega Man Powered Up in my case), the sound is great. A few seconds later, though, the quality and speed drops gradually to a certain low. Then the sound is slow, jittery/stuttering. The quality just flat-out deteriorates down to a low level.
Even more info: the sound especially stutters when there's a lot going on, on the screen. For example, if I'm on a menu with lots of animation, the sound quality drops. When I switch to another menu that's just a still image, the sound goes back to playing very nicely.
So it seems like the primary sound is taking a hit when the game is more busy.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
sound issues - emjeeman - 10-06-2013 02:55 AM
RE: sound issues - emjeeman - 10-08-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: sound issues - dlanor - 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: sound issues - emjeeman - 10-13-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: sound issues - KeyToTruth12 - 10-13-2013, 11:34 PM