Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emu crash when i use Buffered rendering
03-15-2014, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 04:20 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Emu crash when i use Buffered rendering
First off, i can't see why your getting crashes, as you don't have hardly any settings switched on that would cause crashing, IE Fast Memory ETC ETC.
Does this still happen using Software Rendering only or switching off the Dynarec (Jit) setting, found under SYSTEM / DEVELOPER TOOLS?
Is it because there is a memory leak in the emulator somewhere, which is using all your system ram (2 Gig), I have 3 Gig on my Windows 7 (x86) machine, maybe thats the reason its happening to you, but not me............ Somethings to think about, could be any of them reasons.......create a Info Log and upload it on here, then the developers will be able to compare the logs with there machines Logs.

The one thing that makes me think that its a old driver problem, is the fact you said its always done this, even though you had your graphics card tested & found no problems with it.
Problem is I reckon is that your drivers can't be updated any further, due to Nvidia not bothering to upgrade yours, due to the card being an older version, as do most companies, particularly Microsoft with there Windows operating systems, by releasing new versions, the older ones lose there support, as in XP is soon to lose support online for any updates.

So I am afraid that there is not a lot you can do, unless you purchase a better graphics card, if you use a desktop that is.

Or you never know the PPSSPP developers maybe able to find whats causing these crashes on your system, they may even find a bug fix for something else that may cure this problem as well, 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak. Blush

Edit: I just remembered I used to have crashing issues with my setup, ended up being my Anti-Malware or Anti-Virus program, messing about with files in the assets folder, I told both programs to ignore the whole folder with the emulator in, after that, no more crashes............
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emu crash when i use Buffered rendering - The Phoenix - 03-15-2014 02:50 AM