Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
01-23-2014, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 01:57 AM by noxcovenant.)
RE: Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
Here's my humble opinion...

The PROBLEMS with the iPhone 5s:
- Small Screen.
- Too expensive!!! (Still $149.99 on contract versus my Galaxy S4 which I got for $0)
- Jailbreak often required (which means waiting several months before upgrading to the newest ios and small risk of brick)

The PROS with the iPhone 5s:
- Small Screen can also be a plus. (I enjoyed my HTC Shift G which was smaller - allowed for discrete gaming so didn't look goofy in professional places)
- The specs on the iPhone are pretty respectable. The dual-core 64 bit processor allows it to run PPSSPP pretty decently as I've seen on Youtube.
- The accessories are second-to-none. iPhone gamepads are very discrete and slick (see: Bladepad).

Overall, still wouldn't recommend it, unless you're getting it for real cheap and don't mind the problems. But seeing how Apple is a master of price-gouging, don't expect any significant price drops until the iPhone 6 comes out. But even then, don't expect any amazing deals. Apple was still asking $49.99 for their on-contract iPhone 4s last September (versus the Free Quad-Core LG Optimus G). lol. Gotta give kudos to Apple's marketing though. They're shrewd enough to know it will still sell. People love the iPhone brand. It's basically a status symbol now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killer Instinct Arcade - brujo55 - 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Killer Instinct Arcade - Terminator - 09-21-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2 - noxcovenant - 01-23-2014 01:37 AM