Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will 64-bit mobile processors matter for PPSSPP performance?
09-11-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Will 64-bit mobile processors matter for PPSSPP performance?
(09-11-2013 02:03 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I guess the difference will be the same as x86/x64 on Intel/AMD processors but in this case in a manner of mobile processor speeds.
So if the gain was little on Intel/AMD then you can expect simmilar results (and less) on 64 bit ARM based processors.
I don't really get why there should be 64bit processors yet on mobile devices. It's not like 32bit ones have even came near to reaching their limmits. It was an "innovation" by Apple just for the record that they did it, like to have their name on the list of who did it first and nothing else. The thing is that it is quite some time actualy possible (the use of 64bit processors on mobile devices) but it would and will offer nothing to mobile devices for the time being and that includes near future aswell. So Apple didn't think performance or "think ahead" when they used it, they did it just because they wanted to brag about something that makes no sense to people that have zero computing education (aka typical Apple marketing trick). So if people expect anything from the 32bit/64bit swap on their iPhones and that only then I can tell you that the previous processor will offer better results if you'd overclock it just by ~50Hz up which is equal to wasting your money and time.

Is there a way to overclock the iphone 5 ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will 64-bit mobile processors matter for PPSSPP performance? - Tamagotchi - 09-11-2013 05:32 PM