The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multithreading on Android
08-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Multithreading on Android
I have not found any threads regarding this, so here's a new one Wink.

I've been checking out the "multithreaded" option on Android (Samsung S3 Exynos/Mali400) on several games, and so far all are about 25% slower with the setting on.

Tried: Star Wars Battlefront, GOW, Daxter, MGS port ops, No Gravity, NFS Underground Rivals, all are somewhat slower right now.

I know it's not a magical thing that will make the games run (insert number of cores)*(previous speed) faster, but there are reports that it makes many games faster on Windows, so why not try Android?
But guess the feature is more optimized for desktop OS's at the moment, right where it's not really needed Wink Hopefully Android optimizations will come at some point.

THERE IS AN EXCEPTION THOUGH Wink - a homebrew port of Shadow Warrior that used to run fast before, but had a freeze every second (1 sec fullspeed, .25 sec freeze, 1 sec fullspeed, .25 freeze...). With MT on, the freeze is reduced to a minimum, would not notice it at all if it was like that from the start. So there is a first success with MT! Just wish it was Blood instead of Shadow Warrior Wink.

Anyway, has anyone found other games that benefit from MT on Android?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Multithreading on Android - Elwood - 08-27-2013 06:51 AM
RE: Multithreading on Android - [Unknown] - 08-27-2013, 07:26 AM