Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger
03-11-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger
Quote:A PS3 emulator is not a PS2 emulator, but I think a factor 10 improvement is reasonable. But until the recompiler is done, there exists nothing that could play any commercial game at reasonable speed. And it should be repeated, this is talking about Disagea 3 which honestly looks like a PS2 game. For FF XIII or GTA 5? Nothing exists today that is fast enough, it would need to be yet another factor 10 faster than current consumer hardware I would say. Unless you do heavy hackery with multi GPU stuff that Alex was talking about. But this is very very far off, and inanely hard to do.

tl;dr, by the fastest hardware you can afford, probably spend extra on the CPU. But whatever you get, it will be outdated in several years when rpcs3 is even reasonable complete. Even though Disgaea 3 shows something, even a lot of simple homebrew doesn't yet.

Quote:To be honest, we really need a miracle for running GTA5 at decent speeds. But as you said, maybe high-end PCs of the current gen will be capable of running games like Disgaea, fl0w, some Sonic games and a lot of PSN stuff...

You can draw conclusions from these two posts.

And I5 is by no mean high end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger - RDilux - 01-09-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger - naoan - 03-11-2014 03:05 PM