Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will there eventually be kanji input conversion?
08-22-2013, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 02:56 AM by snowtora.)
RE: Will there eventually be kanji input conversion?
Of course we can do this with games that have their own kanji input tables. I've played several of them and have no problems. ^^; Games using the default PSP one are what I'm talking about.

If conversion from hiragana the way the PSP does it is too difficult to do, might it be possible to just have a list of what the PSP has arranged by on-yomi and have the users just pick? Provided that there's one Japanese speakers among the devs/a decent dictionary for readings, it seems to be easier compared to building an algorithm to recognize certain strings of kana.

EDIT : Or, I suppose, do what JPCSP does and just let the player type in their own kanji using Windows' system. It's possibly more convenient than both the original PSP method and having to run down a long list of kanjis in a table. Although I guess that might be a bit of a hassle for android....?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will there eventually be kanji input conversion? - snowtora - 08-22-2013 12:39 AM