The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will there eventually be kanji input conversion?
08-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Will there eventually be kanji input conversion?
So in a real PSP, sometimes a Japanese game that lets you input a name for your character (or change the name of one) will use the PSP's name input system for kanjis instead of having its own tables. I'm not sure if I know the correct terms for them, but the input is like a regular kana input screen and you just convert them into the kanji you want with the triangle button.

Since sometimes I don't want to use kana names (like in most games with Japanese protagonists but no default names), I'm kind of wondering if this is on the list of things to be implemented eventually after everything else is running, or is it just too much trouble? I'm not even sure what goes into kanji conversion. AFAIK it's not in the current input system right now, though I maaaaaay just be an idiot and didn't notice.

Please note that I fully expect this to be absurdly low priority, if any! I'm just wondering if it's in your to-do list at all so I'll know to keep my PSP around for save conversions!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Will there eventually be kanji input conversion? - snowtora - 08-20-2013 10:31 PM