Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LAN storage for PSP ISOs (with a small problem)
08-23-2013, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 08:53 PM by dlanor.)
RE: LAN storage for PSP ISOs (with a small problem)
(08-21-2013 05:38 PM)Orphis Wrote:  Why don't you map that to a network drive or the "Load..." button?
I think you may have misunderstood my issue.
This is partly my fault, as I focused on the fact that my ISOs are accessed over LAN, though that's not the key to the problem.

I have no problem getting the games to run, and if I consistently use only the "Load..." command or only the "Games" command then there will be no problem with the "Recent" listing either.

The main issue is that using "Load..." for games under Windows passes the launch path with backward slashes, while the "Games" command passes the launch path with forward slashes, leading to inconsistent path usage in the "Recent" list. (as stored in "ppsspp.ini") The backslash usage is also the native form for Windows launch shortcuts, which pass the ISO file paths as launch arguments to PPSSPP in the backslash format.

This problem isn't really dependent on my use of a LAN host to store all my ISO files. The same problem with duplicate entries also occurs if I load a game from a local drive by inconsistently using the "Games" and "Load..." commands or shortcuts to start it. The "Recent" list will then have one entry for that game with forward slashes (from "Games") and another entry using backslashes (from "Load..." or Windows launch argument).

So PPSSPP needs to filter the paths it receives into a common format, and for that method to work with all platforms it will need to be the forward slash that is used consistently (as some platforms would not accept backslash).

In short:
The program needs to filter both Windows launch argument (if any) and launch paths from the "Load..." command, to replace each backslash with a forward slash, before any further use of the path string.

Best regards: dlanor

(08-21-2013 07:26 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Yeah, this is an issue, fortunately not terribly difficult to work around so I'm not gonna prioritize it right now but will get to it later.
Sure. This isn't critical in any way, but just one more 'oddity' to fix when you have time for it.

Quote:Please file it as an issue on github here so it won't get lost: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues
OK, I'll do that then.

Edit:
I've now created that github issue.

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LAN storage for PSP ISOs (with a small problem) - dlanor - 08-23-2013 08:31 PM