The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slow on Galaxy S3?
08-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Question Slow on Galaxy S3?
Hi all, I'm running the newest version of PPSSPP from the Google Play Store (v0.8.1-2) on a US spec Verizon Galaxy S3 with the stock ROM on Android version 4.1.2. I understand this is still a very new emulator, and am very impressed with it so far, but I am experiencing lots of lag.

I've tried Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Persona 3 so far and both, while mostly playable, lag all the time and sound will skip or go in slowmo at times, this includes the character's voices, BG music, and SFX. FPS always shows as ~30, but the VPS will be much less than 60 most of the time, but can shoot up to 60 at times as well.

For example, in the dungeon parts of Persona 3, the best VPS I can get is ~40, with it dipping under 20 quite often. Battles seem to speed up and slow down a small amount randomly and the voices will be choppy. Simulation mode is faster, but the background music will still slow down here and there.

I have JIT enabled and the only graphics settings I have checked are:

Hardware Transform
Vertex Cache
Mipmapping

I've played around with the PPSSPP settings and also went through in my Android applications and set a ton of the S3 bloatware to disabled, but this seems to be the best I can get it to run. I'm not in Power Save mode.

Enabling Fast Memory does help quite a bit, making it run near-perfect, but of course makes PPSSPP crash all the time.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just need to wait for version 0.9 and hope for the best? I have seen others say Persona 3 runs perfectly on their S3, but maybe they are running a custom ROM on root (not something I'm looking to do).

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Slow on Galaxy S3? - Bloodgod - 08-01-2013 09:09 PM
RE: Slow on Galaxy S3? - solarmystic - 08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: Slow on Galaxy S3? - Bloodgod - 08-01-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Slow on Galaxy S3? - solarmystic - 08-01-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: Slow on Galaxy S3? - Bloodgod - 08-02-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Slow on Galaxy S3? - solarmystic - 08-02-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Slow on Galaxy S3? - theonyxphoenix - 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM