Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Android 4.0.3] Crashing with iPega gamepad.
07-30-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: [Android 4.0.3] Crashing with iPega gamepad.
I had the same problem with my Steelseries Free gamepad. I was able to download Bluez IME and use that as the main input instead of liking the controller natively. I don't know if this would work for you or at least give you an idea of a solution. I tried GameKeyboard and some other apps but this is the only way that worked. It still crashes on the most recent build if I try to use it natively.

Here is my post from the other thread:

So I found a solution to the problem.

The bad news is that it is more of a band-aid solution since it doesn't fix the problem with ppsspp crashing with the pad as native.

The good news is that I found a workaround to get all of the buttons to work. PPSSPP supported the Bluez IME but not native, however Bluez didn't recognize some of the Steelseries Free buttons. After some digging I found a developer build specific for this type of controller which lets me map all buttons and allows me to use it on PPSSPP. Here is the link where they had broken down the inputs and for anyone else that may use this type of controller:

http://code.google.com/p/android-bluez-i...ail?id=192

I don't know if the information contained there would help in determining the cause of the crash.

Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Android 4.0.3] Crashing with iPega gamepad. - theonyxphoenix - 07-30-2013 10:22 PM