Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Request]Make auto enable frameskipping
07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: [Request]Make auto enable frameskipping
(07-10-2013 06:14 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  This kind of freezing means that the game don't like the value you use(mostly odd numbers(especially 1)can give you that effect)

Also the emulator don't skip frames if you are getting more than 60vps when the limit is disabled.
If the limit is disabled the speed goes below 60,then it will star skipping frames...the same goes for normal speed(if your speed goes below 60vps,it will start skipping frames).

It would be nice if you can set how many frames to render and then how many to skip after that and also below what speed to start skipping(like it was on old gui of pcsx2)
Nope. Like I said above, setting it to either even or odd doesn't make difference. I assumed the cause of freeze is that frameskipping tries to skip the frame even when it isn't needed and when the speed is limited to 60 VPS so it can't draw more frame and thus freezes (since enabling "Unlimited" stops freezing but VPS goes way above 60). Have you used Desmume (Nintendo DS emulator)? There is a feature of "Auto-minimize frameskipping" It's function is to disable frameskipping when the speed is already at 60 VPS while it enable frameskipping automatically when the device struggle to achieve 60 VPS without frameskipping. That's perfect, imo.

Yeah, it would be nice have a seperate "skip" and "draw" function. Do you know where the definition of frameskipping is located in the source of PPSSPP? Is it include core? Let me know, maybe I might find a way to done it myself unless it doesn't link with too much headers. I think, It won't be a challenge to add a behavior to disable frameskipping when not needed in mode of frameskipping.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Request]Make auto enable frameskipping - Danyal Zia - 07-10-2013 06:34 PM