Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Video] How To Use Cheats On PPSSPP
09-13-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: [Video] How To Use Cheats On PPSSPP
(09-07-2013 03:18 PM)sxycheer619 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply im using Windows though....:-( I enable the cheats place the codes in the ini file then reload them ... nothing happens:-(

You didn't mention which PPSSPP version you're using, and that matters greatly for cheat functionality.

Several beta versions ago I had a problem very similar to yours, in using the Windows version of PPSSPP, though I had installed everything perfectly. And by everything I do mean everything including both a global "cheat.db" and various separate cheat ".ini" files for the games I tested cheats with.

But i got no response whatever to the cheats in-game, even though I knew that PPSSPP recognized the cheat files as valid (letting me enable/disable individual cheats in the in-game menus).

The reason turned out to be an incomplete implementation of the cheat activation interface. I normally exited from the in-game menus simply by pressing the 'Esc' key, but the "Cheats" menu would not save the changes when exited that way. It only saved results when exited by using the on-screen "Back" button. And that was the sole cause of my problems !!!

That bug has been fixed in recent beta versions, so that changes made in the "Cheats" menu in-game are saved when you exit that menu by any means (except crashing the PC of course Big Grin).

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Video] How To Use Cheats On PPSSPP - dlanor - 09-13-2013 08:17 AM
Conditional & Joker Command Codes - DawgY - 02-07-2016, 10:03 PM