The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSP CPU Frequencies changing tests (Android)
06-27-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 03:03 PM by kenny43.)
PSP CPU Frequencies changing tests (Android)
So I've been messing around with the new feature by changing the values on ppsspp.ini, be adviced that it is only possible to modify it on rooted devices.

APP used to modify the .ini:
Root Explorer (I think X-Plore would work fine too)

Game used:
Dissidia 012 - Duodecim Final Fantasy

Frequencied used (So far):
33Mhz, 66Mhz, 222Mhz, 333Mhz

Device and Config:
SGS3 Clocked@700Mhz* (Thought it was 800Mhz, my bad, should have double checked.)

So, the test took place on the land of discord, in front of a white gateway while playing with Zidane, I tried first without any lock (option disabled) and I had as result 52-55VPS and 30FPS constantly, locking it to 222Mhz gave as result the same, except the VPS wouldn't go lower from 53.6 instead of 52.1, no changes on FPS. So I decided to go down roughly taking it to 33Mhz, which gave me as result 60VPS Constatly with few spikes down to 59, but on the other hand the FPS dropped to 14-15, which resulted on it being obviously slow, tried going up a bit more then, making it 66Mhz which gave me as result 51-54VPS and 28-30FPS.

333Mhz makes no big difference either, 54VPS constantly with 30FPS.

Not so sure about this yet, might be just me but battling at 66Mhz seems slightly better than the default frequencies, would need someone to confirm it...

I'll continue to do some more tests maybe as I get some time, feel free to mess around and post your own results.

P.S. Ini file can be found under /data/data/org.ppsspp.ppsspp/files
P.S.2, Tests are really small as all I do is let the character stand in front of the gateway for a minute as I watch the FPS/VPS changes, for further testing it'd be needed to go through an actual gameplay (I think?).

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PSP CPU Frequencies changing tests (Android) - kenny43 - 06-27-2013 01:56 PM