Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Desktop PPSSPP performance comparison
06-20-2013, 06:09 AM
RE: Desktop PPSSPP performance comparison
(06-19-2013 02:01 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  What games are hitting problems without "use media engine"? We'd rather fix those games.
I think it's more than one game. For sure Lemmings works only without Media Engine enabled, but other games might crash on their starting video as well (to test: Assassin Creed).

(06-19-2013 02:01 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  What game is it? I'd like to add it to the list of games that have this bug where they render > 60 FPS (which aren't even all displayed of course, so they're just wasting time.) In the vast majority of cases, this doesn't happen on the PSP.
GOW-COO (I thought I needed a game that did not reach 60 frames per second to do the testing).

(06-19-2013 02:01 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  2x zoom should quadruple the number of pixels you're rendering. Maybe Wine is using software, but doing it efficiently? Or maybe your settings are slightly different (linear filtering, SSAA, etc.)
Not that I can think about... anyway in games that reach 60 VPS, I usually can scale the screen to 4x without losing performance. This is really weird Undecided. I'll keep using Wine for now, since it's faster for me with zoom > 1x (BTW: PPSSPP really rocks under Wine and this doesn't happen frequently with other emulatorsWink. What is the secret?).

-[Unknown]
[/quote]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Desktop PPSSPP performance comparison - LemonTree - 06-20-2013 06:09 AM