Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linux: Weird squares everywhere.
06-08-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 02:52 PM by Niyawa.)
RE: Linux: Weird squares everywhere.
(06-08-2013 04:19 AM)Iljalicious Wrote:  I had the bug on elementaryOS Luna, which uses the Pantheon-file manager, so I had to figure it out how to fix that :'D

Interesting. I was using elementary OS at first too, then I decided to get my preferred Ubuntu sauce (Lubuntu) to test and see why it didn't work and here I am.

(06-08-2013 04:19 AM)Iljalicious Wrote:  If you still have the ugly things,
You can download my asset-folder, it should work perfectly.

Thanks! That worked!... kind of. Let me explain.

So, in Lubuntu again, I tried downloading your build and when I extracted it and tried to execute the "PPSSPPDL", it didn't open, just gave me a window for me to select an app to open it with (like it was a unrecognizable file). I'm not sure if you gave me the x86 version or x64 so that might be it. Then, I used the live session of Ubuntu and in that case it simply didn't open, just gave me an error. At that point what I did was just replace the asset folder in the original "PPSSPPDL" that I already had downloaded from the official website. Now here's where I believe the bug with file manager comes in.

In Lubuntu (PCManFM), the executable opens, but with the bugged version just like in the first screenshot, even with the assets folder you gave me and with the official executable (yours doesn't work).
In Ubuntu (Nautilus), it worked like a charm, but only if I use the official executable with your asset folder. Here, again, your executable didn't work.

I really wanted to use it with Lubuntu since it's really fast. It's also fast with Ubuntu (more fast than Windows, maybe OpenGL drivers are better?) but heh, Unity is not really my thing. Do you know if it would be possible to install nautilus in Lubuntu? I did a quick search but most of the results that I read and tried didn't work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Linux: Weird squares everywhere. - Niyawa - 06-06-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Linux: Weird squares everywhere. - Niyawa - 06-08-2013 02:49 PM