Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
I want to learn how to create 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS correctly
10-07-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: I want to learn how to create 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS correctly
spoiler alert (wall of text)
hello nice to meet you LunaMoo thank you very much for your answer, you will see... a part of what you answered I learned with practice and experimentation, as you know on youtube there is only one video on how to create cwcheats and is very basic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twD8AM8l...lvbg%3D%3D came out 3 years ago), apart from that video there is none, I have taken the task of searching and there really is nothing, the most I found were the posts that you and others created quite some time ago.

But even with these posts I have come across a lot of walls.

Let me explain:

In the case of last time I talked about creating 60 fps cheats for the game Burnout Dominator [EU], to be specific these ones here.

ULES-00703
G Burnout Dominator [EU]
C0 30 FPS v2 [Default].
_L 0xE0040000 0x0002574C
_L 0x2002574C 0x14A0001A
_L 0x201A0360 0x089A0360
_L 0x204F08BC 0x3D088888
_L 0x2019AE98 0x3C043F80
_C0 60 FPS v2
_L 0xE004001A 0x0002574C
_L 0x2002574C 0x00000000
_L 0x201A0360 0x00000000
_L 0x204F08BC 0x3C888888
_L 0x2019AE98 0x3C043F00

the problem is that I have not been able to find the way to find the 60fps address in the cheat engine, either I look for values with value 2 in float or 4 bytes and the same with the value 1 I can not find it, and the second thing is in case of finding the address, how to use the disassembler correctly to find these addresses, I know that they are the ones that are responsible for the cheat to work.

I have come across a lot of games that have this problem when trying to create a 60 fps cheat for those games and as incredible as it may seem in the cheat.db, they currently still do not have a 60 fps cheat in these and if they do, it does not work and If it works, it goes at double the speed, that's what seems to happen in the majority, an example of this would be the following games.

_G Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team [EU] _S ULES-01456
_G Legends Of War: Patton's Campaign (PlayStation Store) [US] _S NPUH-10106
_G God Eater 2 [JP]_S NPJH-50832
There is more but my day would go away.

Especially the last game. That is why I am asking for a guide or tutorial if possible where this topic is covered in detail. Since I have realized that apart from you and the people who develop the posts on this website, there is practically no one left who knows about this theme, that is. The cwcheats community is dying precisely due to the lack of information, the day the person who updates the cheat.db database is missing, or one of you is missing, either you or the others, then this community would officially be dead, since It is thanks to you and the others that it is still active.

I entered the official ppsspp discord to resolve my doubts and as incredible as it may seem, no one knows about the topic to the point that I am one of the very few who are there for this topic in particular, I want to revive this community, in fact the majority know about it. textures or translation, but more is unknown, especially the creation of Cwcheats.

The thing is that there is very little information about creating cheats, only one or another in forums but it is very basic and does not reach the depth of the topic. It can be said that there are very few people who know about the creation of cheats and the majority who knew, no longer have activity on the internet and it is impossible to contact them, an example is Saramagrean, creator of cheat.db, simply updates the database and it disappears again, so it is impossible for me to contact them, and they really know a lot about this subject, and as such it can be said that the creation of cheats has stagnated, since the majority of games are dynamic memory ( DMA) and it is really difficult to find pointers for the games since they can work in various areas and then they simply no longer work, which means that it was not the correct pointer, only those who developed those cheats know how to find the correct ones, they are tryhards on this topic, and on YouTube not to mention there is only one video in all of YT and it is the basics because if the game is DMA it is not a tutorial that works for you, creating a cheat for an emulator or PSP as such is almost impossible to the point that it seems like an art.
[19:51]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twD8AM8lpDI&t=262s&pp=ygUQY3djaGF0cyBjcmVhdGlvbg%3D%3D
that is it, if you create a cheat it is mandatory to work under certain conditions, if you make a mistake with the value you want to assign, crash your console/emulator, if you restart, the address changes so you need a pointer, If you find a pointer and when changing the value it crashes, it is not the pointer or direction you are looking for the cheat, basically you have to learn to find an address that when modified 1.does not crash the game when assigning a new value 2.is a "pointer" that works throughout the game 3.is undetectable, I mean if you find a pointer and it is in an area of memory where it is not detected, that is what you are looking for, since it does not cause bad memory accesses therefore it does not crash, and therefore you do not need to activate the option to ignore reads, and this has the great advantage that it becomes a cheat that can be used on PSP without fear of a crash 4. Thanks to the above, it does not corrupt the memory, nor your game, that is, it is a very good cheat...and I want to reach that level.. create cheats and share them since most of them that are in the cheat.db cause crashes or are unstable and corrupt your game, there are cheats that don't even exist, think of any game and a cheat that that game doesn't have yet In my case I think about the no clip since I like to see hidden parts of the games, thanks to the fact that the no clip already existed in the Tomb Raider Anniversary game I was able to find an easter egg in that game under midas seat

And that's only half of the equation.

Example:

to be exact almost anybody knows how to reverse engineer a cheat, (including me) by this I mean I want to find out how that person came to find that cheat.

The question is the following:

whether we are in the EUR or USA version of god of war chains of olympus psp... there is a cheat called one hit kill with the following address.....

365CC8 (CWCHEAT format)
8B65CC8 (Disassembler format)
1FB65CC8 (Cheat Engine format) with base memory 0000000017000000

in cheat engine has as default value 2 in float that is to say in hex 40000000 but when activating the cheat it becomes worth 99999 that is to say 461C3C00

How did the person who created it get to that address?

The person who created that cheat is very good at it, since from what I understand (I'm not entirely sure) that direction is the damage that Kratos does, generally if you see tutorials on YT on how to create cheats in particular for the one hit kill people usually makes scripts where they compare the life with the life of the enemies but that on PSP is a bad idea since the enemies can also kill you with one hit, but in this case the person who created this cheat managed to find the direction of damage that Kratos inflicts on the enemies so the enemies cannot kill you with one hit but you can, and this is achieved with only one line of text and it works throughout the game, which is this

_C0 One Hit Kill
_L 0x20365CC8 0x461C3C00

I'm sorry to bother you with the wall of text, but I wanted to emphasize how important this is for me and maybe for others, LunaMoo please join the official ppsspp community on discord, if you don't want to, no problem, it's your decision, I mentioned that medium Because communication is easier and there are people who need help, again I included myself, and if not, at least a guide/tutorial if possible.

Thank You!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I want to learn... - LunaMoo - 10-06-2023, 10:38 AM
RE: I want to learn how to create 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS correctly - juanjose123422 - 10-07-2023 08:42 PM