Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Windows] Custom controls on pad
06-01-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: [Windows] Custom controls on pad
(05-30-2013 11:51 PM)isamu Wrote:  Thanks for the reply ma nickle. OK so I experimented with xpadder some more last night, and figured out some things...here's an update on the situation.....

I experimented with the commands you can assign in the "Advanced" menu and under the "Assignments" tab(first one in the list), and found that none of the commands do anything useful. Pause, Tap time, Distance, Hold, Release, etc....none of these commands exhibited any behavior that were comprehensible to me. If any of you are more familiar with these commands and their functions, again please educate us.

In the meantime, and fortunately for me, I discovered the proper solution for "tapping" a key once.

Here are the instructions on how to make Xpadder press your button ONE time without it acting like the key is being held or pressed down:

1)Right Click on the key you want to assign and set it to Turbo. It *MIGHT* be more effective if you increase the turbo mode delay and fire rate speed to the max by moving the slider all the way to the right to 2.50sec. I can't verify if this is beneficial or not.

2)Go down to "Set selector" and put set 2 to "Two-way"

3)Click to the actual Set 2 block at the bottom, and leave all the keys/buttons blank

4)Right click on the first blank key box from left to right, go to "Set selector" and put set 1 to "Two-way", just as decribed in step 2

Your joystick button should now act as a single keyboard tap even when being held down, and should not make the keyboard key think a key is being held down.

Works great! Smile

That's cool that you found a solution Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Windows] Custom controls on pad - vnctdj - 04-21-2013, 01:02 PM
RE: [Windows] Controls with pad - CyberMan - 04-21-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: [Windows] Custom controls on pad - vnctdj - 06-01-2013 11:52 AM