The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with Upscaling fonts in FFIV Complete
10-04-2021, 05:11 PM
Help with Upscaling fonts in FFIV Complete
Hello all, long time lurker/new poster...

I've been working on creatin an HD texture replacement for the fuzzy low-res fonts in Final Fantasy IV complete edition. I'm completely new to working with textures, and was unable to find a lot of good resources/tutorials for fixing fonts in games, so I was hoping to get some tips from the community.

The game uses a font map like many. I tried to upscale the font map using programs like Waifu2x and ESRGAN but the results weren't very good (note: I'm new to these programs, so it may be my inexperience)

Instead, I've turned to using Photoshop to literally replace the text in the font map. This was time consuming and required a lot of trial and error, since small deviations can change the alignment of the fonts or make them look like garbage.

I've had some success, but I do end up with occasional artifacts in the text that I cannot seem to fix.
[Image: UcH7R7t]

Does anyone have any tips for working with texture replacement for font maps in ppsspp? I know some may have done this for other texture packs - I'm curious how you accomplished it. Any information will be helpful - in turn, with some guidance, I may be able to complete this project for the texture replacement section. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help with Upscaling fonts in FFIV Complete - dpc76 - 10-04-2021 05:11 PM