Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy HD Retexture
03-11-2021, 11:14 PM
RE: Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy HD Retexture
(03-11-2021 04:01 PM)DrakeyC Wrote:  Great to see this updated, very nice!

One glitch I noticed in the original pack that is still in this one, there is a slight discoloration on edges of highlighted slots when selecting things in the menu. I included screencaps so you can see.

[Image: mKYh6KN.png]

[Image: E1jIFL0.png]

[Image: cJJA84H.png]

On the matter of the stage icons, I could offer some help, possibly. I have some (slim) knowledge of model viewers, so I could plausible recreate the icons. I can't give a timeframe on that though, some may need a lot more worth than others and I've my own stuff going on. But as a test, I tried my hand at recreating the World of Darkness icon.

[Image: Nvj51LC.png]

Note the black around the grind bars is because I'm not sure if Noesis can export textures with transparency, if it can't then we're out of luck sadly.

Alternatively, if you're not committed to exactly recreating the stage icons, there is another option - the stage backgrounds used for text cutscenes. Here's another example using World of Darkness.

[Image: g4pUVv0.png]

I already have all of these screencapped for FFWiki, and it would be a simple matter to brighten them up and resize and crop them to make a stage icon that, while different from the original, is still perfectly demonstrative of the stage. And IMHO for this one, I think it looks better than the icon made from the actual World of Darkness map model, lack of transparency aside.

If you want either, let me know and I'll what I can do Smile

PS - I personally prefer the old EX Mode text, the white outline on the new text ruins the look imho.

Oh hey, it's the person from YouTube!

The edges are due to the game handling the slots as basic gradients, meaning that actually updating those textures is going to end up being impossible unless someone can come up with a clever solution. I'm eventually going to remove my remade texture from that.

As far as stage icons go, I have considered using a model viewer to make it happen, but it's not super high on my priority list right now since there's still work to do for the UI, characters, etc.

As far as EX mode goes, what do you mean? I just tested it out and it looks nearly identical on my end, albeit the original's is slightly bolder. Unless I misunderstood what you meant by EX mode text?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy HD Retexture - Niosai - 03-11-2021 11:14 PM