The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP causes performance issues
03-01-2020, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 11:53 PM by JohnnyTheWolf.)
PPSSPP causes performance issues
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some really odd performance issues ever since I moved to Windows 10 and I suspecting they are caused by PPSSPP.

Usually, what happens is that after a certain time, my Xbox 360 controller will suddenly become unresponsive and PPSSPP will only acknowledge keyboard controls. If I try restart the application, then I will be met with a black screen and PPSSPP will be marked as "unresponsive" in the Task Manager; I will also be unable to launch Steam or any game for that matter, but applications such as web browsers and media players will work just fine; Windows will get stuck on the shutdown or restart screen and I have to force shutdown by holding the Power button on my computer for a few seconds. Doing so will bring things back to normal, but then, I will start experiencing the same issues again every time I play on PPSSPP for a prolonged period of time.

I tried reinstalling Windows 10, doing a clean boot and adjusting Windows' system properties for best performance, to no avail. I have an Intel Core i5-330 3.30 GHz with 8 GB and my OS is Windows 10 64-bit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PPSSPP causes performance issues - JohnnyTheWolf - 03-01-2020 11:36 PM