The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to get SSAA with downsampling to native PSP resolution on PC
10-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Trying to get SSAA with downsampling to native PSP resolution on PC
Hello!Blush

Is it possible to get the SSAA effect to work the render resolution (like dolphin) and not the display resolution? It seems like the post processing SSAA effect does the latter. I'd like to run some games with the render resolution x2 or x4 etc but then downsampled back to the original psp res of 480x272, the reason being that some games like Chinatown Wars really don't look too nice with the sprites looking all rough and low res but everything else looking nice when it's all in high res. I'd rather play them in the original psp resolution with SSAA for a nice smoothing effect.

On the android PPSSPP this is possible manually too, cause you can set the display res to match psp but then set the render resolution to x2 or x4 or whatever you desire to get SSAA. On pc you can't set the display res of PPSSPP.

Is there any way to do this? I've tried custom resolution utility to add custom resolutions but windows completely ignores any configurations I make there so booting ppsspp with a custom res with display changer isn't an option.

Is there any way to get what I want to work on PC?

Thank you very much for any help or response!

HeartHeartHeart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Trying to get SSAA with downsampling to native PSP resolution on PC - clapclapclap - 10-17-2018 07:39 PM