Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using a mouse as a controller
06-26-2018, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2018 01:36 PM by LunaMoo.)
RE: Using a mouse as a controller
Definitely not goint to test a game which I don't have. Mouse control works perfectly fine aside of mouse scroll which doesn't work despite being mappable.

The primary difference between glovePIE and PPSSPP using settings I wrote aside of refresh rate which I have no clue what is in GP, but in PPSSPP it's determined by the game would be the fact that you're translating mouse movement to buttons in GP which is NOT the case in PPSSPP where mouse movement is always translated to gamepad axis before mapping can make use of it.

It works perfectly fine when mapped to analog PSP input, that's what it was made for and how it was tested.
If it's not working as planned when mapped to keys, it would be a separate issue of mapping the analog to psp buttons, ie it could require 50% or more axis before reacting(pressing button) to it or something alike effectively cutting sensitivity to half or less. This could explain why smoothing would be required since it boosts sensitivity.
I never tested that and might not bother since I consider playing games with no analog support whatsoever with a mouse somewhere between complete lack of fun and masochism and I really only like using mouse when game is modded with boosted analog accuracy and real analog patch that supports full range of analog and removes acceleration and I really don't have time to sit there and mass produce such patches despite them being doable in all games quite easily compared to properly working and not buggy fps patches for eample;p.

Edit: Not sure, but that could be this which would mean there's just 1/3 of the sensitivity at max when mapping axis to buttons.
Edit2: Actually looking at it now when I have more time it's probably just this which means you have to almost move the axis all the way for the psp button mapped to it to be triggered. This is quite bad and could be changed, but even mouse mapped to analog stick which is that feature designed use-case is not even close to real mouse control without a game mod to boost sensitivity and make proper use of analog range which PSP games rarely ever used due to poor psp thumbstick.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Using a mouse as a controller - Rekrul - 06-25-2018, 05:07 PM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - Rekrul - 06-26-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - LunaMoo - 06-26-2018 04:54 PM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - Rekrul - 06-30-2018, 06:03 AM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - ZeroX4 - 07-01-2018, 02:00 PM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - Rekrul - 07-01-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - ZeroX4 - 07-02-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - Rekrul - 07-02-2018, 10:53 PM
RE: Using a mouse as a controller - Rekrul - 07-03-2018, 08:41 PM