Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Comparing Android Devices for PPSSPP
09-25-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Comparing Android Devices for PPSSPP
(09-24-2017 06:02 AM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  ARM A53 are low power oriented cores. They are not performance oriented. The only android phones which would be close to full speed are the new Snapdragon 835 Chipset phones like the Galaxy S8. You'll still need to deal with CPU throttling issues though and Qualcomm Vulkan drivers are crap.

(09-25-2017 03:30 AM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  The main issue with (old) Snapdragon devices is the heat, high temperatures make the the CPU work with a lower performance than it should, some work with less than half performance. It's started to change after new chips like SD 820/821 and 835.

SD 400 series is low-end, discard the option of buying any of them, it's a downgrade. You should look for Snapdragon 820 or above, this chip can play some of the most heavy PPSSPP games like both God of War and Tekken 6 near full speed (50-60 FPS). SD 600 will give you about the same performance but with better stability and battery life.

Don't look for Mali devices, they have several driver issues.

Thank you both. I was lucky to get my current phone for very cheap two years ago, and seems like I'll have to afford pretty much to get an upgrade. For now, I'll stick to that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing Android Devices for PPSSPP - whgang99 - 09-25-2017 09:52 AM