Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
05-18-2020, 06:19 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
(05-14-2020 04:44 AM)AkiraJkr Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 04:39 AM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  If you have collected textures from P3P using PPSSPP, I would be very interesting in getting your "new" folder of all your textures. I was thinking of making the plunge and upscaling most, if not all, of the portraits and backdrops using waifu2x this summer. Also, I am happy to take recommendations on what settings to use for waifu2x.

I recommend you also try using ESRGAN, cause I heard it's also great for restoring detail to images, anime or not, and would probably work better than waifu2x in some cases. Also, feel free to make your own thread about own texture pack, we have no limit on how many texture pack projects there can be for a single game. Just make sure to credit the original author if you're using something of his.

I have tried ESRGAN. The result is undesirable for this game. Maybe it'll work better with some of the backgrounds, but this is what it looks like with character portraits. The pupil gets much more smoothed out and the hairpin gets all messed up. Other stuff is pretty close, but this is still underwhelming. I'll of course try other filters before being satisfied, but I still need to get all textures for now. I might make my own thread, but I feel like I should get more textures first.
waifu2x [LEFT] vs ESRGAN [RIGHT]
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose...daf8f81e27
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03) - TridentOfTheAbyss - 05-18-2020 06:19 AM
Not working - Av0q3do - 02-01-2021, 04:04 AM