Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
12-02-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack
(12-01-2017 03:47 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  https://i.imgur.com/mw2axln.png

Image showcasing the missing Velvet Room background, and the whilte lines problem when characters blink.

The background not loading problem only happens with the new backgrounds.

I don't know about the black backgrounds, but [Unknown] seems to know what he/she is talking about ^^ What I can explain are those white lines. Those are caused because of how the bustups you see are presented in the game. Characters usually have textures for their body and face, and other textures of just a portion of their face, which is displayed above the later, usually to change the facial expression (eyes from open to closed, or stuff like that).
Because you are rendering the game at a higher resolution, the base textures (the ones I haven't replaced yet) just get a simple upscale (unless you choose to use texture upscaling > xbrz), which usually results in those little gaps between the background image, and the one containing the changed facial expression. Igor and Elizabeth (inside the velvet room) for example don't suffer from this problem, because I have already upscaled all/some of their background textures and facial expressions.
Apart from Igor and Elizabeth I have finished working on Pharos and Theodore, almost finished Ryoji, and worked on Akihiko, but those aren't in the version I have uploaded because I started working on them later on. (They will be available in the next update Wink )
There are a lot of characters with different costumes, poses, and facial expressions, so drawing everyone will take me a while, but I'll get there ^^

Soo, long story short, to fix those white lines, you can either use Settings > Graphics > Texture Scaling > Upscale Type = xBRZ to fix the white lines on those I haven't upscaled yet (which are a lot), or wait for me to fix every single one Tongue xBRZ won't look really good for textures like that, but it will at least fix the white lines.

Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23509
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack - hououin_kyouma - 12-02-2017 02:58 AM
Not working - Av0q3do - 02-01-2021, 04:04 AM